Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish when we got an injured player,it can only be for a week or 1 game,but with us it always seem to end up a long term injury

The only positive here (and it's not much) at least it's happened while the window is still open and not on September 1st.

The only positive here (and it's not much) at least it's happened while the window is still open and not on September 1st.
There is that, true.

With this though and the fact its inconclusive, you cannot assume and guess. No point in saying 7 weeks and making do with what you've got, rushing him back for October. Prepare for the worst, which is for the rest of 2014. Get an apt body in and lets move on.

I fear 2 weeks of dithering though and plenty of chin rubbing.

Help us Francisco Junior, you're our only hope

3f10d1daf711e3efbd1d7a653ec1548d.gif

From the OS
Martinez said: “We had a scan but it was difficult to determine the extent of the injury. It is a problem with a medial ligament in his knee, but we don’t know how bad the injury is. “We know there is a partial tear of the ligament and that could mean anything from seven weeks to four or five months, so we need to be cautious.”

Martinez admits it is a huge blow to lose a player of Barkley’s quality who had impressed the Blues boss during pre-season.
“I think Ross Barkley is a phenomenal footballer and we are going to miss him – there are no two ways about it,” Martinez said. “He was so sharp in pre-season and I think he came back with a different approach and a different mindset.

“He was very unfortunate to get injured in such an innocuous challenge in training and now he is going to be out for a long, long time.“The squad should be big enough and be able to cope with losing a player, but it is a disappointing.
“Now we have to cope with that frustration and allow him to work on other aspects and make sure that when he comes back, he’s fit and ready for what is left in the season.”

That sounds about the same as what he said when Kone suffered his knee injury.

IMO, that's him out for the season.

Ha ha ha

You big tart. When were we ever a one man team. ?

When we have no replacement for him and a board with a limited budget. Feel free to quote me if we finish 4th but with added europa games we will struggle this season to replicate last don't underestimate the loss he will be

That interview is blatantly him putting a positive spin on it, he's proper [Poor language removed] isn't he

'make sure that when he comes back, he’s fit and ready for what is left in the season'

that does not sound good at all, sounds very long term

my view hasn't changed that it was reckless and disgraceful that one of our own has put in a tackle that could do that.

On a football pitch it's a red card so why was a red card tackle going in on the training pitch a day before a match?

It's not looking good is it. I don't think we'll see him till January, probably look to have him back a couple of games before the derby. We definitely need to get Remy now.

I've always been one to give the board the benefit of the doubt but he's available at a reasonable price and our season basically depends on it now.

I was so looking forward to this season and we might still have a good Europa League and cups but can't see us pushing top 4 now.

That interview is blatantly him putting a positive spin on it, he's proper [Poor language removed] isn't he

'make sure that when he comes back, he’s fit and ready for what is left in the season'

that does not sound good at all, sounds very long term

You might be right but Martinez isn't usually positive about injuries and often spouts the worst case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.