Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're confusing tactics and philosophy. Tactics are what cost Martinez his job, his/our philosophy is why FDB is interested in the job, according to his agent. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/frank-de-boer-leaves-ajax-everton
lol

His agent you say....

De Boer has been fluttering his eyelashes at every PL with a vacancy for the last 12 months. As soon as a PL manager is sacked you can guarantee his brother appears on TS talking about how his brother fancies working in England.

I disagree totally mate. This is exactly the type of statement you would issue because if he does leave it the perfect defence by the board, absolving themselves of any responsibility. " We thought we had an agreement, committed to the future blah blah blah". It would put all the blame on Koeman.
But even you must admit that this needs sorting pretty soon mate? The longer it drags on the less choice there will be

But even you must admit that this needs sorting pretty soon mate? The longer it drags on the less choice there will be

Of course it needs sorting, but we're less than two weeks since we fired RM, we've contacted all our major targets and are in discussions. I can't think we could act any quicker, particularly as the Jose situation was holding up matters last week

I do not usually take pleasure from other people's misfortune, but the day Booby was sacked, was a very pleasurable day.
However, I reckon Martinez talk is for another thread (hopefully one to be soon buried in the archives).

On topic: I'm a bit bemused with the chatter surrounding Moyes. Imo, there's zero chance he'll be re-appointed manager.
The most likely candidate, as it stands, appears to be Pelligrini.

Of course it needs sorting, but we're less than two weeks since we fired RM, we've contacted all our major targets and are in discussions. I can't think we could act any quicker, particularly as the Jose situation was holding up matters last week
Ok mate going to trust you 100% but I don't feel we can now hang round waiting for Kouman to make up his mind ala Jose

Agree - timescales now become a major issue. What is concerning is that the bookies seem to switch favourite on the back of very little information - and no one has gone odds on. Both of which suggest very little is actually happening with regards progressing the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.