New Everton Stadium Discussion

I've said before on this thread, though is unlikely given the rather tight plot on the docks, that I'd like to see a stadium where a host of entertainment, hospitality and retail units are harmoniously built into the stands themselves, with the pitch at the centre. I always picture a cross between the O2 and GCHQ (The Doughnut), but it would need a lot of land to achieve it.

GCHQ-aerial.jpg

Look at this video with Dan Meis. About 5 mins in should interest you if thats what you like the idea of.

so the new goodison could be a shopping mall/nightclub that just happens to host a football match every other week..

hmmmmmmm
What's wrong with that? So long as the pitchside specifications are exactly as we want them, what does it matter how the surrounding land is used when we're not playing?

so the new goodison could be a shopping mall/nightclub that just happens to host a football match every other week..

hmmmmmmm

Imagine a Friday night match and watching the game, then immediately going out, buying some new threads and getting lashed without having to miss the final whistle or a single minute of drinking time. Then stay over in the hotel next door. Wake up in the morning, go for breakfast, find a pub on the doorstep to watch the early Saturday game and start again, all by walking the grand total of approx 279ft (stumbling not accounted for)

just getting my head round it. would be quite good if done with the right brands
Just so long as every visitor knows they're shopping/dining/drinking at Everton's stadium, that's ok with me. The worry is that we become hidden away in the background when we're not playing.

They'd need an exposed concourse that shows the stadium interior to all the shoppers/drinkers as they go about their business.

Why do we put ourselves through this torment?
I hesitate before opening postings to this thread because I honestly don't know why others allow themselves to submit to these flights of fancy when we know only too well it is bound to end in tears.
I myself have been wanting a new stadium for these past twenty or so years but once again I wonder about the expectations of a great number of our fanbase with these super stadia that have been mooted. it seems this topic resurfaces when the team is doing cack. Just don't get too carried away lids, please.

Why do we put ourselves through this torment?
I hesitate before opening postings to this thread because I honestly don't know why others allow themselves to submit to these flights of fancy when we know only too well it is bound to end in tears.
I myself have been wanting a new stadium for these past twenty or so years but once again I wonder about the expectations of a great number of our fanbase with these super stadia that have been mooted. it seems this topic resurfaces when the team is doing cack. Just don't get too carried away lids, please.
I can get carried away if I want to.