Central Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Alan

Player Valuation: £10m
At the age of 28 I can only say I’ve seen one class central midfielder play for Everton.

I have seen good cm’s who are good at a certain aspect of the game like Gueye and Carsley but lack considerably in other aspects.

Why have we had a huge void in this area?

At the age of 28 I can only say I’ve seen one class central midfielder play for Everton.

I have seen good cm’s who are good at a certain aspect of the game like Gueye and Carsley but lack considerably in other aspects.

It's been a weakpoint for years now, and under a few different managers, basically it's all down to poor recrutiment and scouting at the end of the day.

Because we're a midtable club?
Or are we a mid table club because we lack a proper midfield? - I'd go with this.

The game is...and always has been, both won and lost in the midfield.
We don't have a proper midfield unit...we have individuals in individual positions
You dont think so?
Pick any time we won the league, we did it with a top class midfield unit...and others obvs
Its that important we want to put up a statue to one of those midfields

I'm lucky; I've seen Alan Ball, Colin Harvey, Howad Kendall, Peter Reid and Paul Bracewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.