Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone saying we’ll win this must be forgetting we’ve looked quite leggy recently, City are still the best team in the league, and Pep is still a great manager. I’ll be happy with anything resembling us looking like we’re getting back on track. Anfield broke this team. Need to put it back together.

They’ve conceded about 4 goals all season. Haven’t dropped a point at home. We’ve won 4 away games in a season and a half (only 1 this season), none at a top 6 side, only once to a top ten team. We have only scored once away from home to a top 6 team this season and that was a penalty v United when we were already down and out. It’s great to have a gut feeling but there’s literally no statistical indicator for the score line you are suggesting here.

So you reckon we got a chance then?

Aguero playing is a big blow to us. Jesus is nothing more than a goal poacher the same as Iheanacho was so far and Raheem up top isn't a viable system. No Aguero and I like our chances of limiting their scoring.

It would also be helpful if Fernandinho is booked when he inevitably stops a break with a cynical foul as he does every week.

When City had the takeover we were owned by a man whos net worth was 10m, we then get taken over by a billionaire, at a time when almost every single team in the league is owned by billionaires, proper, proper Everton that.

Thankfully we have a man in charge who is willing to invest his own money into the club, not many owners in this league do that, the majority do it behind loans from outside sources.

lol A benevolent billionaire - no white text

I honestly wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we utterly destroyed Man City here. Then followed it up with three maulings againt Spurs, Burnely and Brighton.....:dodgy:

People displayed this sentiment at the beginning of the month. Claiming they'd beat Liverpool, Man City, and Spurs, then lose the rest. So far that line of thinking has been wrong. They'll probably lose to City, lose to spurs, and do what they should against the rest.

The whole Everton that thing gets overplayed. They definitely do things that put them in a special place, but it's greatly exaggerated on here.

I drove past the Etihad yesterday and it's a beast of a structure...do you think players get a bit awed by it?

I don't expect anything but another routine defeat to a top club.

City are just better than us, it's that simple. Sure, we might get lucky but I don't see it.

I would hope we put in a decent performance of course. Need to get the stench of that Watford game out of the system.

Last edited:
Can see us going into a quick 0:2 lead.

Jk, can't really. We're getting our arses bummed here.

Let's at least have a bad referee who we can lay some of the blame at.

Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Richard West Fourth official: Paul Tierney

Ffs, I think they're all decent. So we can't even blame them when we're given a good old fashioned passionate ass-whooping.

Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Richard West Fourth official: Paul Tierney

Ffs, I think they're all decent. So we can't even blame them when we're given a good old fashioned passionate ass-whooping.

Remember the Jagielka incident, terrible ref

I was thinking we would get a draw...id be happy with that.

Now i think we will win after the last 2 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.