New Everton Stadium Discussion

I kind of think any extra capacity gained from safe standing doesn't really count in a way as all clubs are going to benefit from this so it doesn't really give us a competitive edge.
No, there'll be all sorts of rules about gradients, space per person etc, you can't just rip your seats out and say this is now a terrace.

I want the new ground to look like Goodison in the 60's-70's period. The Clocks and the cutaways at each end and the blue and white designs on the Bullens Road. Best ground in the country then by a mile. I will be amazed if there are no homely features.

No, there'll be all sorts of rules about gradients, space per person etc, you can't just rip your seats out and say this is now a terrace.

Yup sure we wouldn't be able to rip out seats and add an extra 10k to Goodison, likewise, a lot of clubs with older stadiums won't be able to but some of the clubs with more recent builds, like Spurs, West Ham and Man City will be able to.

Yup sure we wouldn't be able to rip out seats and add an extra 10k to Goodison, likewise, a lot of clubs with older stadiums won't be able to but some of the clubs with more recent builds, like Spurs, West Ham and Man City will be able to.
No they won't. There will be rules about how steep the stand is, how many exit points there are etc. If it wasn't built with safe standing in mind, they won't be able to do it.

Filling the dock shouldn't be difficult. We keep being told that land fill is a premium, and we shouldn't throw stuff away. All around there's loads of crap that councils get charged a fortune for to dispose of.

This is Everton though, so I fully expect the little Hitlers of the Environmemt Agency to force us into filling it with pure, inert quarried stone from select very expensive sources (probably from land owned by one of the descendants of William the Conquorer's army). It'll cost more than the stadium ffs.

Which is pretty much exactly what happened at Festival gardens, and look at the state of that now. Its taken many, many years to find a suitable use for that ground due to the gas produced by the waste from when they re-shaped the land.

Which is pretty much exactly what happened at Festival gardens, and look at the state of that now. Its taken many, many years to find a suitable use for that ground due to the gas produced by the waste from when they re-shaped the land.
Yeah but if it's done properly, surely it can be sealed off with appropriate vent sites. It's a mainly open structure innit?

Oh right "done properly"... I see the flaw now.

they want the construction to be done in 2 years, seems a pipe dream that, I mean it's not even like the site is ready to be built on, im assuming draining and filling the dock will be a tw#t of a job

think it will happen like but at least be realistic

Building a stadium isn't as complex as you would think. It's a large project, but most of the work goes into the design aspect of it. Dont et e wrong, its not 'easy' but once the structure is designed, its plenty of repetition, so lends itself to modular build and construct, whether steel or concrete. The internals aren't hugely complex either. Most projects that hit issues, Wembley aside, are complicated by location or existing stuctures. Our only really big complication is groundworks, which is a biggies, but can be overcome.

A two year site presence for the build doesn't seem overly ambitious to me.

Yeah but if it's done properly, surely it can be sealed off with appropriate vent sites. It's a mainly open structure innit?

Oh right "done properly"... I see the flaw now.

Its not really ideal to have methane from waste venting into densely populated public sites is it....

Regards filling in the dock, do we even know it is to be filled in? Might it not be built astride a drained dock? Underground car park and other facilities below the stadium? Just thinking out loud here. Seems to be a lot of assumptions about what we are likely to get. I don't think anybody, other than a few people very close to the club, have a clue what we will be getting.

'Breaking ground next year,' IMO, = April 2020
'Two, maybe 3yrs' = sometime in season 2022-23

To avoid a Spurs like rush to get it finished and miss your deadline = August season 2023-24

Various delays and stuff that always happens in these things...we've all seen it on 'Grand Designs'

Kevin McCloud... So Mosh, here we are its August 2024 what actually happened to 2 or 3 yrs and £500M?
Moshiri...*shrugs, a year here a year there, delivery delays with 'foreign' steel, when we unloaded it it didn't fit, had to be re done, cost us a fortune to do on site mods with the gas axe and magnetic based drill, these Polish workers really arent that cheap you know, bad weather etc.
Kevin McCloud...what was the final total
Moshiri...mumbles
Kevin McCloud...Pardon.
Moshiri...£678M
Kevin McCloud...for 52,000...falls about laughing
Fades out to theme music and credits.
Who is Kevin McCloud ?