2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never particularly rated Gueye that highly but over the last few seasons he’s the only player to be anything like consistent even if that’s just to an average standard.

Still our best midfielder.

Gomes is only on loan at this point and Sigurdsson is practically played as a forward. When we replace Schniederlin and McCarthy in the squad we can start contemplating letting Gueye go.

Gueye has been the only consistent player under Moshiri reign.

Complaining about his lack of passing range or goalscoring isn't justified when you consider the shear amount of work and ground he covers every single game.

If he could do everything, he would surely be getting a move to one of the biggest clubs in Europe

For a financial point of view, to gain over £20m profit on a player with his last big move is good business for all parties however finding a gem as good for £7m would be a miracle.

I am a huge fan but I can see he isn't the best passer or creates week in and week out but I personally feel he is in the top 5 of defensive midfielders in the Premiership.

Should he move on to PSG, they are getting a wholehearted professional who I hope does excellent. They gain is our loss

Has he gone off the boil recently? He looked a real talent when he first broke through.

I only really watch German teams properly in the Champions League, so I'm probably basing my opinion on three or four live games.

He was great at the weekend vs Leipzig - but playing in central defence But yeah, he has not been great recently, last season wasn't a good one for him, which is partly why the club spent over 50m on 2 new midfielders.

He's staying with Dortmund till the summer though, as cover for defence, and as 3rd/4th choice mid. He's still young enough to get back on course.

Hope this is true. Get him out.

If he goes, there will be gaping hole in central midfield, which every opponent will charge through with some success. He is currently the only midfielder who can be replied upon to intercept, tackle and generally do the defensive work. Tom has shown glimpses but not consistency or the discipline of Gana. Gomes has put himself about more in recent weeks, but his game is about passing and playmaking. McCarthy has such big and frequent injury problems that he can never be the permanent solution for that role. Beni is young and Silva doesn't seem to want to play him. Morgan......

Really don't understand the logic behind those wanting rid of the man who consistently tops the charts for tackles and interceptions when we can't defend and lack fight at the moment. Madness.

If he goes, there will be gaping hole in central midfield, which every opponent will charge through with some success. He is currently the only midfielder who can be replied upon to intercept, tackle and generally do the defensive work. Tom has shown glimpses but not consistency or the discipline of Gana. Gomes has put himself about more in recent weeks, but his game is about passing and playmaking. McCarthy has such big and frequent injury problems that he can never be the permanent solution for that role. Beni is young and Silva doesn't seem to want to play him. Morgan......

Really don't understand the logic behind those wanting rid of the man who consistently tops the charts for tackles and interceptions when we can't defend and lack fight at the moment. Madness.
Did you watch Southampton?

There was a gaping hole in midfield for large periods of the game. In fact the first goal was purely down to said hole in midfield caused by players chasing the ball and not being positionally aware.

He was great at the weekend vs Leipzig - but playing in central defence But yeah, he has not been great recently, last season wasn't a good one for him, which is partly why the club spent over 50m on 2 new midfielders.

He's staying with Dortmund till the summer though, as cover for defence, and as 3rd/4th choice mid. He's still young enough to get back on course.

Witsel's been absolutely superb for your boys this season, hasn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.