Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How boring are Marco’s pressers.

It’s obvious he hates doing them and he just fires back boring predictable non controversial answers.

There is an obligation to do them and, unless you are a big headed plank like a certain Gerrrman over the park who loves the sound of his own voice and gets he teeth done to impress, many managers probably dislike doing them. Didn't Ferguson refuse to do them out of contempt for the ignorant journos?

Having a manager the press likes, benefits the team. When things aren't going well the press aren't as quick to throw petrol on the fire,

Silva P/C SPURS GAME

Four English Sides in European Finals

“It’s tough and a strong competition.
“Everyone, most of the people agree, the best championship in the world.
“Clubs have shown that in the European competitions. It shows the quality.”
“High emotion in all the games. Big doubts in the results and late goals also.
“All the emotions really high. This is why we love this sport and this game.
“Four really good semi-finals.”

Good Time to Face Spurs

“They did well. They are living their dream but they are professional.
“They have one game to play like us.
“Even if they’ve enjoyed the last few days, tomorrow they will be ready.
“They will have full confidence. Like the fans, the atmosphere will be fantastic.
“It’s a good game to finish. Finishing well is what we want.”

Andre Gomes Transfer Latest

“The only feedback I hear from now is from Andre and what he said to me.
“Our relationship is really honest. He hasn’t decided nothing about his future and his agent either.
“I’ve already said about our talks with him and Zouma also. Now it’s up to us to show our ambition.”

More Gomes

“Him and Zouma, they were key players for us during this season.
“The others are important. They didn’t do anything alone. Their other team-mates helped them.
“We, as a technical staff, were demanding of them.
“Last season, Zouma did not perform as he has at Stoke. He has improved.
“We have to do everything we can to sign them permanent.
“If you asked me if I want to do that of course I do.”

Chelsea Transfer Ban

“It’s not the best thing for us.
“It’s up to the clubs to speak to each other and see what we can do.
“The players decision, too, is important of course.”

Morgan Schneiderlin Future

“The first three, four, five games he played well. Then he had a personal issue also.
“Some games were not so good, not just him but the team.
“Then Andre came in and did really well. I told you it was a matter of confidence with Morgan.
“I never had doubts about his quality or value. I believe in him of course.
“He’s performing well. He’s taken the chance and did well. I’m happy not just because he’s performing well but because Morgan as a professional deserves this moment.”

Jagielka and Baines Future

“We keep talking with them is what I can tell you.
“Even with Jags and Leighton we kept talking with them.
“It’s something for us and them to decide. Let’s see what happens in the next few days.”

Big Six Scalp

“It’s one of the things we didn’t do this season.
“We break some good records. Many times you asked me about records against the top six.
“This season we haven’t beaten one of them away. Now we can prove we can do this on Sunday.”

Progress

“Of course I can see, not just with points on the table.
“We had a tough period in the middle of the season. But of course it is part of the process that you see improvements in the team.
“It is clear we did. The club asked me to do better than last season and goals scored and goals conceded there is a big difference in everything we do.
“Now is the moment for us to analyse everything and see what we can improve next season.
“The next transfer market will be big for us and the players we already have.”

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

“He can reach a very good level.
“He’s scored seven or eight goals. He wanted to score more because he is a striker but he is still improving.
“Being a striker at Everton is a big task. Everyone is trying to find a striker to score 20+ every season.
“It is what he wants. His improvements are really good.
“What level can he reach? It is up to him to keep working hard.
“He’s enjoying his moment. He’s not able to play the next match but he has a good competition to play during the summer.”

Calvert-Lewin Out

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is ruled out against Spurs after a training ground injury.[took a kick-no idea were]

Creating Chances

“We are creating more and are more balanced.
“We are working in a better way altogether like I like.
“We are more solid and creating the chances.”

Calvert-Lewin Goals

“I think next season Dominic’s numbers will be better for sure.”

Tactics Talk

“It’s fantastic but it’s a very good number.
“The clean-sheets to achieve, it’s a big number.
“Waiting with all your players back is not our style.
“When you are playing always to win the matches it shows you are more solid as a team.
“More the second-period of the season we were fully-focused in our role and in defensive set-pieces also.
“It is up to us to keep doing that because when you are solid playing offensive football you are closer to winning the matches.”

Next Market Important

“It is really important for us, and will be a key in my opinion, to keep the same level.
“To keep that level is not easy but it has to be our first target and after to go in the market and do the right things.
“We are happy with the things we improve in our squad.
“Players are playing better within our squad and improving connections. Now it’s to put the demand on ourselves and do things right in the market.”

Richarlison Ruled Out

Seamus Coleman is a doubt for Sunday’s clash with Tottenham. He has a small groin problem.
Richarlison is ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.