• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets look at this objectively...

Meunier comes in and is going to be on a decent amount e.g £80-100k a week. Then you also have Coleman there on a similar amount...its a huge amount in wages going out for one position.

Draxler looks like he would be a great signing but he rarely scores goals

Cavani will be on big money and his legs could go at any moment...even if he lasted a couple of years he doesnt have the pace needed to play in a counter attacking team

The only one id like would be Meunier but even then i cant see the use in paying 2 big salaries unless we sold Coleman which i dont think will happen.

Meunier is miles better than Coleman mate especially offensively - if we can get him in for a decent fee its a no brainer and at 27 he still has 4-5 years at the top level.

Draxler would hands down be our best midfielder and for me goes in for either of Gomes or Siggurdsson.

Cavani is 32 so not a long term option but if he could get us the goals to get us into Europe we could attract a younger longer term striker the following season or so - a 2-3 year contract would definitely make sense considering Vardy is around the same age and still banging them in for Leicester.

We do t need competition for RB we need a better one. Coleman is the weak link atm assuming we can possible get Zouma , I know about the ban but if we could get him Coleman is the one that needs replacing if we are aiming to improve our defence

Sure, that's why I suggested Meunier to take his starting XI place.

Meunier is miles better than Coleman mate especially offensively - if we can get him in for a decent fee its a no brainer and at 27 he still has 4-5 years at the top level.

Draxler would hands down be our best midfielder and for me goes in for either of Gomes or Siggurdsson.

Cavani is 32 so not a long term option but if he could get us the goals to get us into Europe we could attract a younger longer term striker the following season or so - a 2-3 year contract would definitely make sense considering Vardy is around the same age and still banging them in for Leicester.
Cavani ?

:hayee:

Again:

Cant pay 2 RBs £75k-100k each

Draxler cant hit a barn door

Cavani and Vardy are totally different players.

I would take all 3 of Meunier, Draxler and Cavani.

Anyone who doesnt in favour of some punt on a 20 year old FM Wonderboy from Bolivia needs to put the crackpipe down.

Game changing signings on the scale of Digne all 3 of them.

We tried that under Moyes, Samuel Galindo (15/16 at that time) went and signed for Arsenal and had a shocking career.

I like the youth approach, providing they are the right fit - with wages being the issue, it’ll probably be a mixed strategy, taking risks on youth whilst supplementing the eleven with players a little ahead in their development to possibly veterans to do a job in the now.

But all down to how far the funds will go, suspect we will understand more about the priorities from this window than any other and potentially how long are aims will take to come to fruition.

Again:

Cant pay 2 RBs £75k-100k each

Draxler cant hit a barn door

Cavani and Vardy are totally different players.
Draxler isn't that much better than Bernard and is probably close to his peak as a player. It's a pointless signing for the money that would be required. My guess is he is going to be back in Germany or someone from Italy will overpay for him.

Lets look at this objectively...

Meunier comes in and is going to be on a decent amount e.g £80-100k a week. Then you also have Coleman there on a similar amount...its a huge amount in wages going out for one position.

Draxler looks like he would be a great signing but he rarely scores goals

Cavani will be on big money and his legs could go at any moment...even if he lasted a couple of years he doesnt have the pace needed to play in a counter attacking team

The only one id like would be Meunier but even then i cant see the use in paying 2 big salaries unless we sold Coleman which i dont think will happen.
Cavani is on 130,000 a week so not too far off Sandro :-( Draxler is on about 100,000 and 60,000 Meunier!

Status
Not open for further replies.