Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Neres is the primary target purely from point of view of he’s young, he has huge ability and isn’t the finished article yet . His value will only increase similar to Richarlison. There both friends as well .can we get this one across the line ? I wouldn’t rule it out

I think it would be a dream to have 3 Brazilian wingers at the club.

Not forgetting Richarlison can also play upfront and Neres can play more centrally in a similar position to Sigurdsson too.

I think Neres is the primary target purely from point of view of he’s young, he has huge ability and isn’t the finished article yet . His value will only increase similar to Richarlison. There both friends as well .can we get this one across the line ? I wouldn’t rule it out

I have the feeling with Brands that he’s been working on deals for players like Neres all season but our success in getting them probably relies on how their exposure increased in second half of for season. Similar to the Mina deal, we probably had that sewed up and then he goes and makes himself a household name at the World Cup and all of a sudden it’s a different conversation. Ajax’s CL fun might have ruined this one for us but you never know if Brands has done enough work on the deal we might still be in pole position. Ideally we want to find the likes of Neres Ndombele De Ligt etc. before they explode in the champions league.

sQXhbOD.jpg

Sportwitness
Home
Premier League Everton From Brazil: Everton look good in fight against PSG for signing, player...
From Brazil: Everton look good in fight against PSG for signing, player has PL preference
By Lucas Sposito -

13th June 2019

Premier League side Everton continue to look strong in the race for Ajax star David Neres.

As Brazilian website UOL today brings a story on Paris Saint Germain’s chase for the player, they also show that the Toffees are serious competitors for the signing.
Starting with the French side, it’s claimed that they’ve already met Neres’ representatives, and are expected to ‘insist’ on getting the player this transfer window.
However, there are two problems for PSG. First, they can’t offer Neres a starting spot in the team right now. And second, they’re not convinced of paying the €50m demanded by Ajax.
Such an expense would be helped by the sale of Angel Di Maria, who’s it’s thought is being put up for sale this summer, with the hope that some big European club will show up paying a huge amount for him.

UOL says that David Neres’ preference for a Premier League move has been shared with to PSG, so they know they will have a hard time beating English clubs in this race.

PSG’s talks are currently held by Maxwell, a former Ajax player, but will soon have the addition of Leonardo, who’s left Milan and is joining the French side.

Leonardo had already been working to take Neres to the Rossoneri, but now that they’ve out of next season’s Champions League, the possibility was ruled out by the player’s staff.

Although Everton are not in the Champions League themselves, this is not a problem mentioned in the story, so perhaps featuring in the Premier League is good enough for Neres for now.

UOL claims Everton have found an ‘easy’ communication with Neres’ representatives since they’ve already agreed the deals for Richarlison and Bernard.
Everything aside you would safely assume that a CB and CM are priorities using Zouma and Gomes as guidelines that’s a min 50 mil spent already.

We need a striker badly and a RB outside a cat out the bag type you would expect it to cost 20~50 mil we are already looking at min 70 net for positions of need.

Spending 42-45 mil on Neres without first securing the above needs is silly. We still have to follow FFP and a net spend of 100 odd mil would put us right under the radar

Do you all think we are in the running for any UK players this window or is it all euro and S. American? just interested not xenophobic.

The price of players in the uk is ridiculous though. Look at Wan Bissaka, will go for over 30 mill and he hasn’t even got an international cap. Lookman was 10 mill as a teenager from the championship. Liverpool and Bournemouth have massively distorted the market with 19 mill for a striker with only a handful of career goals.

The scouting is so thorough now there’s barey an unknown player anymore that the selling club doesn’t realise they can rip us off for.

Status
Not open for further replies.