Homepage Article When will Everton grow a pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
Setting aside all the other issues currently facing Everton – the future of the manager, the up and mostly down form of the players, the less than inspiring commercial performance, and anything related to the Bramley-Moore Dock stadium project – the point of this rant is to question when will someone, anyone from the club say what needs to be said?

I’m referring very specifically to the VAR decision at Brighton on Saturday that contributed to yet another embarrassing loss away from home to a club, no disrespect intended, we should be capable of overcoming.

Absurd-Pen.gif

Let’s recall… a hopeful long, high ball into the Everton area saw Connolly and Michael Keane both clearly looking at the ball, Keane accidentally and unwittingly treading on the Brighton players foot, the ball went out of play and the referee signalled a goal kick.

Oh hang on, with Connolly writhing around holding his shin (?), Lee...

Continue reading...

i think whilst Keane is good on the ball he is a poor defender - as soon as it looks like a ball is going over his head i become worried we'll concede. If he has to turn to face his own goal he invariably doesn't win it back.

that said, it's clearly never a penalty regardless of any rule changes and i agree that the club needs to say something

Marco referred to the lack of time permitted to use VAR to see why a perfectly good third goal against West Ham was disallowed. We should have kicked up merry hell with the officials. Why did the players not protest. Just imagine if it had been been City or our dear neighbours. Have we adopted a cowed small club mentality?

I don't think making a fuss after the event would make any difference.

It was a big blow to concede the penalty in that manner, but we didn't react at all and completely surrendered the momentum to Brighton.

Anyone could see what was coming afterwards.

Other teams find ways to win games, we find ways to lose.

The anger and frustration should be directed inwards at the club, and at our performances and results.

It would be more useful for the club to offer free tickets and transport to an away game, as an acknowledgement that our record away is an embarrassment, and that something needs to be done about it.

Standard central defending that. It was a terrible decision.

The greater worry for me is that a long ball seems to catch Keane out on far too many occasions.

That Trossard absolutely skinned him a couple of minutes after would be higher on my list than that challenge.

It was a terrible decision and we just switched off afterwards. In a way you can understand it, but they're supposed to be professional athletes.

Again, however, I'm not sure what good moaning about in the media afterwards would achieve.

Shepherd is definitely the correct term when referring to Michael Keane, he is about as aggressive as a sheep !
Though I feel the sheep could possible turn sharper and would definitely outpace him. Thanks again Koeman & Walsh.
I think the whole set up at Everton is meek. The should've been outraged at the weekend, but their reaction was to fold.

Desperate for leadership on and off the field.

Shepherd is definitely the correct term when referring to Michael Keane, he is about as aggressive as a sheep !
Though I feel the sheep could possible turn sharper and would definitely outpace him. Thanks again Koeman & Walsh.
Keane is a donkey and will stay a donkey, even after a "run" of 2 or 3 games without a major disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.