Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume that a decision can't be made before April 3rd. It's a long time to keep coming here to talk about it, and I don't think there are any other outcomes
possible beyond those already suggested.

We all have to except we have very little options here. What I think people are missing is it's not just the premier League.
Even if we do finish the League somehow Spain and Italy are not going to be ready to restart till July at the earliest. This "football" problem needs to be taken out of individual leagues and FIFA grow a pair and force the issue. If our lovely neighbors want a trophy just give it them and us blues need to be grown up about it and not go on and on about if they deserve it or not. This is bigger than football right...

We all have to except we have very little options here. What I think people are missing is it's not just the premier League.
Even if we do finish the League somehow Spain and Italy are not going to be ready to restart till July at the earliest. This "football" problem needs to be taken out of individual leagues and FIFA grow a pair and force the issue. If our lovely neighbors want a trophy just give it them and us blues need to be grown up about it and not go on and on about if they deserve it or not. This is bigger than football right...
Absolutely agree . Let them have their shiny things and keep people safe .

The conversation at present is about finishing this season.
Soon, the conversation will change, it will be about when the next season will be able to start.
It seems Britain is behind most European countries in taking actions to deal with this crisis.
I would guess there is zero chance of the next season starting anywhere near on time, if the finish of this one is shoehorned in as well there will be mayhem.

In Ireland all restaurants, bars, schools, colleges are shut.
All sporting activities of all kinds cancelled.
This is being replicated across Europe.

I would imagine just due to money that they will try and get the remaining league fixtures played somehow. Would the F.A cup be sacrificed to ensure this happens and if so does that mean an extra Euro place in the league to play for? Just a thought.

Get your raffle tickets off Mick before you die.

Even in death you can be doing good. Dig deep...

I would imagine just due to money that they will try and get the remaining league fixtures played somehow. Would the F.A cup be sacrificed to ensure this happens and if so does that mean an extra Euro place in the league to play for? Just a thought.

No it shouldn’t be, what if Newcastle won it? They’d be in Europe then. And 7th only becomes a Europa League spot if a top 6 team wins the FA Cup.

Of course it's bigger than football. But the question for football is did Liverpool win the league if it stays as it is. The answer is a big fat NO whether they deserve it or not

No it shouldn’t be, what if Newcastle won it? They’d be in Europe then. And 7th only becomes a Europa League spot if a top 6 team wins the FA Cup.
But if this season seriously over runs, (fairly likely) and they can't fit those cup matches in, does English football lose a spot? I love the FA Cup and hope it gets completed but money runs football now not history and sentiment. Also, I'm clutching at straws, any straws, for us to get into Europe next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.