New Everton Stadium Discussion

Stadium costs aren't included for FFP but that is only when they are capitalized in the accounts. For that to happen in the next set of accounts we would need to have gained planning permission before our end of year which is the 30th of June.

The good thing is that because of the Coronavirus pandemic UEFA have rolled the next two FFP periods in to one. So we don't need to meet the three year accumulated loss limit of £105 million next season.

However, we would be taking a massive gamble if we went big in the next window relying on the £40 million+ current Stadium spending offsetting our spend without planning permission being granted.

Hopefully LCC get this sorted by October - its a forgone conclusion that it'll be granted just when they decide to hurry themselves up.

You could create one ?

Anyway, bit disappointing, but by no means surprising that timescales have slipped a bit on getting planning permission. Thousands of folks have died, so a few months here and there is immaterial really.
buddy i could also CRUSH all of us but i am showing great restraint to keep things on track here.

Cashflow is severely restricted currently.

Not many companies lashing money around.

I mean clearly things wont be much better in a few months, but at least maybe then at least we wont be losing ALL our matchday revenue.

Cash flow shouldn't really matter for a capital project though. It looks like we would be funding the project through loans and currently there is a lot of liquidity in the markets.

As for our current match day income at under £20m per season it is largely irrelevant.

Planning usually involves an incredible amount of forwards and backwards on the minutia. I would guess it is planning that is holding things up. My understanding is that the Council have been supportive but this is a really complex project with a whole host of other parties involved.