Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not sure about that. He would be 30. Everton could easily strike a deal wth him well before the January, and as you say I suspect he will want to play with Ancelotti.

I reckon it'll be similar to the barrry deal where we'll have it agreed, but if he performs how he usually does, he's within the top 5 players in the league. Top clubs would be all over that for a free.

If real want €25mio for him, then I can’t see them letting him leave in a loan where they may still have to cover 25% of his wages (200k p/w) and not get anywhere near the €25mio in loan fee.
They may want 25m for him but are unlikely to get it. It has been known for a long time that he is available and yet it seems that Everton are the only club making real efforts to sign him. As much as JR likes Ancelotti I doubt he would be coming to us if clubs like Bayern PSG or Juve were interested.

I think we may pay to Real whatever commitments they are contractually obliged to pay James. We may then pay James a substantial signing on fee that will allow us to pay him a wage in line with our pay structure.

Factor in the length of the deal and you can see how complicated this is.

However, it seems he has no future at Real and they will want him off the books and payroll .

The figure to Real sounds very high to me for a player they don't want who has only a year left on his contract.

I can only image it includes money which will go to JR in some format which will be seen as a pay off from Real but allow us to pay him a wage in line with our pay structure.

24 mil wouldn’t even buy me in this climate, and some are moaning about paying it for James Rodriguez.

Dear lord.

I know, when you step back to the start of the window and say "we'll get james rodriguez for approx £25m max" everyone would celebrate.

I think rumours him being free, £7m etc have made £25m now seem steep, but we paid that for Bolasie before the mass inflation ffs. £25m is still a hell of a deal even though i think it'll be lower.

I don't really look at the sides outside the top 4 and look too worried. Wolves end of season will hit them, they've also lost a key cog in Doherty. Leicester have been poor in 2020 and seem to have found a level. Spurs under Mourinho can go either way. Arsenal have momentum and have recruited well, but there will be some bedding in period for their defenders. I don't look at the business of lots of teams, and think they're going to improve massively beyondus, if we can sort the midfield out.
If we get all the players we need there's going to be a lot of bedding in for us. Our whole midfield could be playing together for the first time.

I refuse to get excited until he's here and been actually ace on the pitch.

Yeah, I know what you do Everton, you play silly buggers with our hopes and dreams. He's crap and expensive until he's not.

Covering all bases here.

C'mon Hames, be ace. You know you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.