Everton Youth Teams Thread

Haha loved Small’s celebration for his first goal , runs to corner and his mates desert him with ‘ C’mon we need to kick off and win this”, still he got his celebration for his 2nd .
The Brian Pilkington Stand eh, used to have a collectors card of him , suspect only @Eggs and a few others will remember him!

...just checked and Pilkington passed away earlier this year. Nice that names of players who gave so much to the game are commemorated in that way.

Terrific finish to that game.

Everton Under-18s midfielder Luke Butterfield has signed a first professional contract with the Club, penning a three-year deal until the end of June 2023.

Butterfield joined the Blues at Under-12 level, having previously been with Blackburn Rovers.

The talented youngster, who turned 17 last week, has impressed throughout his time at Everton Academy.

He is currently an important part of Paul Tait’s Everton Under-18s team and has started every match as the young Blues have kicked off the 2020/21 season in style.

Everton sit top of the U18 Premier League (North) table having taken 10 points from their opening four games, with Butterfield’s composure and accurate, intelligent passing helping set the tone for the Toffees’ fine performances.

Born in Yorkshire, Butterfield has been capped by Scotland at Under-16 level.

Just seen Bowler was in for an operation this week so he won't be moving anywhere yet.
Thats a shame , his contract ends next year and he’s been our best u23s player so far this season, I would have thought certain for a Championship loan and likely a permanent role at Championship level , then who knows . Hopefully he comes back before Christmas for a January loan.

Reece Welsh is the player the guardian have picked this year as the one to watch from Everton
I think they’re right , Welch and Small are looking the best prospects of this years crop , but early days yet and a couple of the midfielders could outshine them yet.

Their selections are always interesting and often not far wrong, in recent years ours have been Dobbin, Astley , Gordon, and usually 3 or 4 players spread across the other clubs come through. Two seasons later and the best are making their mark either in or on periphery of their 1st teams.

Their selections are always interesting and often not far wrong, in recent years ours have been Dobbin, Astley , Gordon, and usually 3 or 4 players spread across the other clubs come through. Two seasons later and the best are making their mark either in or on periphery of their 1st teams.
Was interesting spotting Alex Denny in there (and the follow-up that he was now with the Development Squad at Salford).

Thats a shame , his contract ends next year and he’s been our best u23s player so far this season, I would have thought certain for a Championship loan and likely a permanent role at Championship level , then who knows . Hopefully he comes back before Christmas for a January loan.
12 weeks according to the Echo.
Shame that he has been playing well, when I have caught the under 23's.

I don't really follow the youth teams but I've heard smalls name a few times. What position is he? And how good is he? Is he just a prospect that might make it or for his age does he look the real deal?

I don't really follow the youth teams but I've heard smalls name a few times. What position is he? And how good is he? Is he just a prospect that might make it or for his age does he look the real deal?

...others are better qualified than me, but left sided. I just wonder if the acquisition of Nkounkou might hinder his chances.

He's an attacking left-back at the moment, he's highly rated at the club by all accounts, powerful player, reminds me of a young Royston Drenthe.

...others are better qualified than me, but left sided. I just wonder if the acquisition of Nkounkou might hinder his chances.

I think if they both develop as hoped over the next year we might consider offers for Digne.
Think it's pretty obvious we're going to have to sell an asset soon and Digne might be the one we can replace easier.