2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a moment early in the game also when the ball is played in behind Coleman and Mina and it was clearly one he should have been out to collect, instead Coleman seems surprised he is not and has to clear it for a throw

no consistency at all. You can’t have a relaxed and confident defense with stuff like that going on

sell him to Inverness Caledonian today please for a pittance and just take the 50M hit on our Everton current account

just watched the highlights as i hadn't seen the disallowed goal back, but that is pathetic goalkeeping again. Pickford has real real trouble with shots along thr ground close to his body, we seen it with goals last season like Benteke and Fernandes at goodison. For a small keeper you'd think he'd fine that easier than the taller keepers but he doesn't.

The save from matip doesn't overshadow the fact that he's made two horrific errors which would have been a penalty (maybe a red) and then a last min howler. He's got very lucky, i think now is the perfect time to drop him, every single game he makes a poor routine nit of keeping into a calamity, we can't wait until his mistake really costs us. If olssen is a steady eady keeper you start looking at our team and say where's the weakness now? It's the only place teams can target us atm.

I agree with this. Some people argue that Pickford hasn't cost us points, and that he's rescued us on occasion this season - the Spurs game, for example, and a couple of excellent saves yesterday. But those saves are what would be expected of a top keeper. He has made too many errors costing us goals, and if this continues, those errors will cost us points sooner or later. It isn't the odd mistake here and there either - he has made blunders in almost every game this season. He surely can't be giving the defenders confidence in him. I admit that I know little of Olsen but surely it's worth giving him a game or two to see whether he can be relied upon or not.

I agree with this. Some people argue that Pickford hasn't cost us points, and that he's rescued us on occasion this season - the Spurs game, for example, and a couple of excellent saves yesterday. But those saves are what would be expected of a top keeper. He has made too many errors costing us goals, and if this continues, those errors will cost us points sooner or later. It isn't the odd mistake here and there either - he has made blunders in almost every game this season. He surely can't be giving the defenders confidence in him. I admit that I know little of Olsen but surely it's worth giving him a game or two to see whether he can be relied upon or not.

I've defended him for years because he is a cracking keeper, his confidence and performance is just shot now though. Just some time out of the starting line up and re-assess with another keeper. Not saying sell him or anything drastic yet.

Been looking at the rules, it was correct decision to not send him off, if ball not in play it's not a foul.
Unless violent conduct which it wasn't it was serious foul play.

Both offside decisions were correct so they can stop cry arsing

It’s not Evertonians’ concern we should not care whether a ref had sent off our keeper or not. He stayed on the field then it’s all good.

No. Just be better people than they are. We win regardless then by having the moral high ground always. Not appeasing them by any means. ALL pundits are in agreement how bad a challenge it was to a man, red or blue.

The moral high ground is bollocks tho isn’t it ? We always did things fairly and with respect and class under Moyes and I didn’t feel like “ winners” instead I watched Ferguson bully refs , giggs shag his brother wife , Suarez bite People In as many countries as possible , john terry lifting trophy’s after banging his team mates wife ..being the better person doesn’t mean “ you win” I wouldn’t wish an injury on anyone bar Suarez but the fume? My god I would wish it on that lot .. they deserve it and then some

Status
Not open for further replies.