2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether the beatified James plays or not on Sunday, you've got to hand it to Carlo for basically pointing out that Van Dijk indulged in the dark arts without having to point out that Van Dijk indulged in the dark arts.

Another manager would have defended Pickford by saying Van Dijk cynically and maliciously clattered James and DCL and thus died by his own sword - but not Carlo. He basically has them engaging in a forensic psychological analysis while the rest of the world goes "That Mr. Ancelotti is such a nice gentleman."

Such subtlety. Such nuance. This is why he gets paid 11 million a year. Quiet leadership in action.

Last edited:
Whether the beatified James plays or not on Sunday, you've got to hand it to Carlo for basically pointing out that Van Dijk indulged in the dark arts without having to point out that Van Dijk indulged in the dark arts.

Another manager would have defended Pickford by saving Van Dijk cynically and maliciously clattered James and DCL and thus died by his own sword - but not Carlo. He basically has them engaging in a forensic psychological analysis while the rest of the world goes "That Mr. Ancelotti is such a nice gentleman."

Such subtlety. Such nuance. This is why he gets paid 11 million a year.

Carlo, he is absolutely brilliant isn't he, he's playing the game, within the game, within a game, whatever we are paying him its not enough.

Hes just kippered the footballing world, media, highlighted a hatchet job by VVD and systemically took the mick out of every Ork in the country.

Just love it.

VVD..moment when he injures james.. :rant: :rant:

I'm so emotional watching that, I can barely type. What must be going through Virgil's mind there? What kind of person intentionally goes and tries to break another player's leg or squish his testicles. He could have rendered James infertile.

I'm gobsmacked that Virgil didn't actually send himself off. Anyone with even a tiny slither of moral code would have walked off that pitch and insisted that they don't play again this season. I can only assume he took the opportunity a few minutes later, after the enormity of what he had done to Rodriguez had finally sunk in, when brushing against Pickford in that innocuous challenge that you see a dozen times a season. VVD realised what he had done and was at least man enough to feign injury and sit out the rest of the season.

At least that's my take on it. Like I say, I can barely speak I am just so upset at what has happened in the last few days.

I thought Carlo was quite generous, he could of mentioned Allan was doubtful because of stud marks on his calf after the foul by Robertson and Mina’s ankle strain after being kicked off the ball by Mane,
quite professional of him really

I thought Carlo was quite generous, he could of mentioned Allan was doubtful because of stud marks on his calf after the foul by Robertson and Mina’s ankle strain after being kicked off the ball by Mane,
quite professional of him really

Hed sometimes give the full team he was gonna play when he was at Chelsea.

Whilst there's no doubt Paul Joyce was disrespectful to Carlo, you have to factor in that he is a RS like a lot of the sports reporters who get to cover Everton seem to be. I'm loving seeing their over reaction to this whole affair, and I think he way Carlo responded to the questioning was absolutely brilliant. Only one winner there today and glad he didn't sink to Joyce's levels.

However there is a bigger picture here and there is no doubt that what is happening now is indeed a media agenda against Everton, and I can easily see fallout from this on the pitch when decisions start going against us again and Liverpool get them going back in their favour.

There have been a lot of absolutely brutal media outbursts against Everton and Everton players amongst all this, and once the dust does finally settle I'd like to see us make a list of certain individuals who, quite simply, would not be welcome inside Goodison Park again. People like Souness and Aldridge would certainly be on that list and I personally wouldn't be against the likes of Joyce joining it too.

I think for the moment staying dignified is the right way to go. But eventually we need to let it be known that we won't tolerate this level of bias against us.
Just one line next time for him from Ancelotti please. 'We don't care what the Red***** say!'

Yep, I'd say he took a knock to his Colombian sausage and potatoes but he's a good soul our James with balls of steel.

He'll gently get us to a 4-0 half time lead Sunday then can put his feet and sausage and potatoes to rest for the 2nd half.

Oooohh soo that's how VVD injured his knee. I knew it wasn't because of Pickford.

No wonder he is out for months

Status
Not open for further replies.