Matthew Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you get out of the wrong side of the bed everyday
Try changing beds
Oi, that's my line!! :eek: :p
No doubt, but they ont play for Everton by and large.

10 years a failure: £46M.

Tommy Lawton must have got about £20,000 in his whole career at Everton and died in poverty.
What a crook. With all the money can't believe LB didn't just stump up the rent, then we could have stayed at Anfield the whole time. Fraud.

Was it steve Walsh's departing gift to the club to offer this lad a 3 year extension. Possibly the maddest de ision made in football. I saw him live a couple times. Never rated him. Possible lower division player. 2nd /3rd division.

....if I remember rightly, the contract was signed during the cusp of Brands’ arrival but I imagine he’d been promised the deal by Walsh (Just an assumption).

Was it steve Walsh's departing gift to the club to offer this lad a 3 year extension. Possibly the maddest de ision made in football. I saw him live a couple times. Never rated him. Possible lower division player. 2nd /3rd division.

Yeah he wasn’t even one of those youngsters that showed a flash of promise at times like Davies, he was pretty much complete poo from day one.

Just makes me laugh every time I see his name. Should have been punted literally about six years ago, fair play to him for remaining and pocketing that sweet Premier League salary when he's really about League One standard.

Its strange that he didn't get picked up by a Championship club. Even if they had paid just half his wages it would have saved us some money and I can't imagine his wages are that high so half his wage should have been affordable for a Championship club. I can't imagine u23 football does Pennington much good either so you would have thought he would have done anything he could to get away even if it meant taking a pay cut. If he stays in u23s I can see him struggling to get a club next year whereas playing in a Championship first team would show case his ability.

Its strange that he didn't get picked up by a Championship club. Even if they had paid just half his wages it would have saved us some money and I can't imagine his wages are that high so half his wage should have been affordable for a Championship club. I can't imagine u23 football does Pennington much good either so you would have thought he would have done anything he could to get away even if it meant taking a pay cut. If he stays in u23s I can see him struggling to get a club next year whereas playing in a Championship first team would show case his ability.

He’s clearly not good enough for The Championship mate. He’s 27 years of age and he’s still playing U23s football. I can’t imagine he’s on much wages and I think Everton would have took pennies for him just don’t think anyone is interested in him.

He was absolutely horrendous for relegated Hull
City in the Championship last season and could hardly get in their team, that might’ve put people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.