Homepage Article Ellis Simms Joins Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years when he was inbox pomp - lost, but hey ho Tony Hibbert coming to the end of his career .....extend his contract .......
He signed in early 2009, was badly injured, then played a handful of games at the back end of 2009 (at a time when we had Hibbert and Club Captain Phil Neville as cover at RB) then was loaned out in early 2010. The season after he played over 30 games.

He was at Blackpool for an initial one month loan, then extended it until the end of the season and helped them get promotion. Coleman has talked about the benefit of it, helping him get confidence to play at a higher level.

“I’d done quite well at Blackpool so I went back to Everton with a lot of confidence from that, knowing that I could play at that level and it really did help kick-start my career at the club.”

I always regard gaining England honours as a mark of success as a player, and in the near 30 years of the PL era, our academy graduates have earned just 160 England caps. If you strip out Rooney and Barkley, that number falls to 7. In total we've had 6 academy players in 30 years go on to earn an England cap. Our academy is just a bit rubbish.

Level it and turn it into a big car park.

So if they're so good Joe, why are they languishing in the lower leagues when they leave us?
They are young too early to judge ...,.unlike the oldies on top money we are stuck with ATM......Sig Tosun & Bolassie plus Besic etc etc we have to drain the swamp ...,..and stop siigning run of the mill on long lucrative contracts DOF started this system........

Yes the guy who wins trophies...... against the odds .....
Against what odds?

U23 football is terrible, nobody takes it seriously.

Without googling, who won the U23 title last year? I bet you don't know, cos nobody cares till we win it.

All the other teams best players are out on loan, I mean we are literally playing 28 year old Matty Pennington in our "u23" side.

Against what odds?

U23 football is terrible, nobody takes it seriously.

Without googling, who won the U23 title last year? I bet you don't know, cos nobody cares till we win it.

All the other teams best players are out on loan, I mean we are literally playing 28 year old Matty Pennington in our "u23" side.
Chelsea had a transfer ban !ast season the yougsters that came in they had a better last season then than so far buying expensive players ......

Chelsea had a transfer ban !ast season the yougsters that came in they had a better last season then than so far buying expensive players ......
That's because they've got good players Joe. In 1 season 5 Chelsea youngsters earned England caps (27 of them in total), which is practically what our entire academy has produced in 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.