Homepage Article Ellis Simms Joins Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Small sample to judge him on today, but the lad just doesn't have enough pace to be a premiership player. Hope I'm proved wrong but just don't see it.

...there’s slower strikers than him in the top flight, indeed there’s a slower striker than him at Everton.

He’s just not competitive enough and is easy to mark when the ball is played up to him. He does come alive in the box or when the ball is played over the top (which I think the Blackpool manager referred to). He’d be a long way from getting into a match day squad for lots of reasons.

A tough gig playing against a PL defence without the quality of PL players passing to him but failed to make any mark at all . Even in the little time he had, it showed up probably his biggest weakness compared to DCL at the same age , an inability to pick up the flight of the ball in the air and compete physically for it . On one clearance from the GK he was running towards goal , the ball landed 5 yards to his left and he hadn’t changed direction at all. These are the things he can hopefully learn or otherwise he’s not going to see much of the ball at this level .

Small sample to judge him on today, but the lad just doesn't have enough pace to be a premiership player. Hope I'm proved wrong but just don't see it.

Miles off the pace there but hopefully he gets sharper. What I noticed though was the same thing I noticed watching bits of the U23's. The lack of apparent fitness. Sluggish to move, jogging around and reaction speed is about 2 seconds slower than players around them. Just looks like a video thays been slowed down

First appearance for a senior team, off the bench for a team in league 1 he joined about 3 days ago against a premier league side, hopefully more to come and we let him develop, very hard imo for young strikers coming through than any other position especially in the Premier League.

I’ve watched him play and score! Burton v Everton u21 in the EFL trophy the other season, get him in the squad mr Southgate

Another lad who needs game time at this level .. good way to get a measure of him and decide quickly if he’s good enough ... think he will do well at Blackpool !

Status
Not open for further replies.