Homepage Article Ancelotti Post Match Comments - Everton 0-2 Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just cannot seem to start on the front foot high intensity to put the other team under pressure even when we have been on a good run

It's infuriating and confusing in equal measure. We have quality players (albeit yes, our midfield clearly needs strengthening still). We have a quality manager. We have an open league where bar the top couple of places, top 4/top 6 is absolutely up for grabs. And yet we play like this time and time again, it's not a one-off.

We genuinely looked like we were in pre season today. An appalling Newcastle United team (who admittedly played better than recent games) came to Goodison and basically bossed us, effing embarrassing.

Well let's hope he does something about it. I'd start by having them in at 9.00 tomorrow morning and get the coaches to run them ragged. Then depending on how hard they work. Give them a day off Monday.
I don’t know about running them ragged, but they need something that will boost their intensity. I suspect it's a mixture of physical and psychological work that needs doing. Some though just need binning off and fresh blood brought in.

So why didn't he have them up for it then? Too many times against average teams, it's the same old story. You'd think by now he would have done something about it. Everton were truly awful today and he has to take some of the blame for not having the players up for a game against one of the worst sides in the league. Newcastle aren't one of the quickest or fittest teams in the league, but we made them look good today and we made Leicester look like pep's old Barcelona on Wednesday night. 35% possession at home against Leicester is a rotten statistic. not good enough carlo.

Pretty scathing.

Says Newcastle wanted it more.

Carlo please drop players who aren’t preformed and no longer good enough.

I know Carlo gets it right more often than not, but when he gets it wrong, it’s terrible.

I want to see passion and commitment on the pitch, all the things he will talk about what we lacked today, but if the players can’t bring that, to me it’s a reflection on the manager.

Must improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.