Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct no one is spending money BUT no one is getting shot of 3/4/5 players leaving ourselves with 1 player in certain positions and no cover! It is bordering on negligence from this board/DOF
For me negligence is paying Tosun, Bernard, Bolasie and Lossl 300k a week when they contribute nothing, but hey, we both have different ideas.

It’s not a clear out though. We’ve just loaned a few players out who will be back in July to rinse our books again preventing us making more signings in the summer.

Loans reduce financial burden and increase the likelihood of players leaving permanently. It's a step in the direction of 'clear out.' Let's not get pedantic about it.

We'll struggle for the remainder of the season, and finish nowhere remarkable, with what's left. I'd take that every day of the week if it means another summer window like the last one.

Slow, steady progress with the long term in mind at all times. Short sightedness got us in this mess in the first place. There's no other way around trying to recover from the utter state we were.

This year we're competitive, next year we truly challenge. Carlo called it at the start of the season. Keep patience.

Loans reduce financial burden and increase the likelihood of players leaving permanently. It's a step in the direction of 'clear out.' Let's not get pedantic about it.

We'll struggle for the remainder of the season, and finish nowhere remarkable, with what's left. I'd take that every day of the week if it means another summer window like the last one.

Slow, steady progress with the long term in mind at all times. Short sightedness got us in this mess in the first place. There's no other way around trying to recover from the utter state we were.

This year we're competitive, next year we truly challenge. Carlo called it at the start of the season. Keep patience.
Bigger picture stuff.

This is a what’s app message doing the rounds!!!!

Just been sent this, not sure how true so don't shoot messenger!

"We’re trying to force Bernard out. If Bernard goes, we are getting King.

However, it’s all hinging on the PL.
Bernard can’t join the other club until 3rd feb. So we’ve asked the PL can everything be done apart from him actually going so looks like it’s down to them

Also, Pickford has injured himself in training. Back. Seems bad"
This makes no sense.

The PL wouldn't have any issue on us signing King and waiting 2 days for Bernard to go. Bernard going or not doesn't tie our hands from signing King with the PL.

Utter bullocks.

I’m sorry to disappoint you all but I emailed ancelotti about transfers and he said something about phoning the club job centre number or something like that, I phoned that then I was put in an interview for some reason. They then employed me as an Everton scouting staff, I looked at the list of players we’re interested in and asked why have I been given a blank sheet of A4?

Blimey...

No one is spending money in this window. It would be completely foolish and irresponsible of any business after the last 12 months. Carlo is not a fool. He knows what can and can't be do
I've a degree in economics - I am not suggesting we spend €100m. I am saying we should have been able to ensure our world-class once-in-a-generation manager had some options with which to strengthen the squad in the event of an injury to one of our two forwards or our right back. To expect this is not to expect us to break transfer records. It's basic good management. It's why people like Marcel Brands are employed.

You're right, though. Carlo is no fool. He'll know he won't be thanked if we finish mid-table, which is pretty much where this squad is destined to end up given the lack of even shallow depth.

This is a what’s app message doing the rounds!!!!

Just been sent this, not sure how true so don't shoot messenger!

"We’re trying to force Bernard out. If Bernard goes, we are getting King.

However, it’s all hinging on the PL.
Bernard can’t join the other club until 3rd feb. So we’ve asked the PL can everything be done apart from him actually going so looks like it’s down to them

Also, Pickford has injured himself in training. Back. Seems bad"

At least some good news RE Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.