Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, the entire argument people have had against the argument that we should be targetting a sensible loan option is that the focus has to be on getting people out, getting rid of deadwood.

Well, that's fallen down, because we're bidding for 29-year-old Josh King in the final hours of the window, going up against the mighty Fulham, and we'll be paying him big wages if he comes.

No, there isn't a plan.

What’s the rage level sitting at in here??
Why would there be any rage? We are having a great season and doing much better than we all expected. Offloading some players we don't need and lowering the overall wage list for a summer transfer window where hopefully the world looks better and we can bring in some CA players. A lot of clubs could be in big financial trouble soon as a result of the pandemic. Hopefully we won't be one of them, being sensible is key.

Thing is, the entire argument people have had against the argument that we should be targetting a sensible loan option is that the focus has to be on getting people out, getting rid of deadwood.

Well, that's fallen down, because we're bidding for 29-year-old Josh King in the final hours of the window, going up against the mighty Fulham, and we'll be paying him big wages if he comes.

No, there isn't a plan.
What if the plan was to get rid of the deadwood and sign Josh King on deadline day at a reduced rate?

What you mean is "This isn't my plan".

I'm not sure he should start but we've done a poor job of keeping him playing football the last year and change. A loan is the right thing but if he's good we need to bring him back as part of the team not like he needs to prove himself more.
He has to earn his spot in the team though. I have faith in Carlo to reward him if he does and I trust that if he hasnt been given opportunities then Carlo hasnt thought he earned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.