Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he'd jump at the chance to join us over Fulham, unless they blow us out of the water with wages. Will just depend how much the offer to Bournemouth is.

I'm not really bothered on it, but frankly, there isn't a plan, that's pretty clear.

We've gone from talks for a loan on a young striker (Zirkzee), to a last-ditch bid for a soon-to-be out of contract, 29-year-old wide forward.

I'm a fan of the signing but only after I'd seen the fee/wage details.

I was put off as last week I read Bournemouth wanted like £10m+ and he wanted £75k+ when he's got 6 months left.

If those numbers are right it's not a good deal.

Why would there be any rage? We are having a great season and doing much better than we all expected. Offloading some players we don't need and lowering the overall wage list for a summer transfer window where hopefully the world looks better and we can bring in some CA players. A lot of clubs could be in big financial trouble soon as a result of the pandemic. Hopefully we won't be one of them, being sensible is key.
I mean we’re 8th like. We’re having a good season, we’ve got ourselves into a position where it’s possible that we could challenge for the top 4 etc, but it’s pushing it massively to call it a great season at the moment.

Carlo aint here to build a squad that competes in 3 years.

I keep telling people that.

As long as we keep bumping the squad up with Nkonusos, Branflakes, we might be ok.
"Might be"

You're right Carlo isn't here for that but isn't that what Brands is supposed to be here for? To align the short term ambitions of the manager with the long term ambitions of the club?

Signing 29 year old players like James and Allan is alright when they will be starters and improve us. Josh King isn't really that but if he's all that's left out there I will take him.

I want us to capitalize on this year as much as we can but it is a little concerning that in 6 months a 29 year old Josh King looking for a last big contract is all he can turn up as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.