Silverware v Europe

If you were the Don, which would you prioritise?

• Silverware

Votes: 140 76.5%
  • Europe

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Cheese Jaffle

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t care less how the media spin it, we haven’t won a trophy for 26 years!! Spurs have just had their best 3-4 years for ages in terms of the team and manager under Pochettino.. but what will they be remembered for? Finishing in the top 4 for a few seasons.. look at them now, no better than us. Give me a trophy any day that’s what football is about
That’s your opinion. Not mine.
we’ve waited like you say 26yrs . I can’t wait a couple more if it means being in the champions league every season With world class players and a world class manager . And I guarantee Moshiri wants champions league football, that’s why he’s hired and paying ancelotti 11mil a season amd why we are getting a half a billion pound stadium.

Amd let’s be honest, why it
Would be great to win the FA cup, it doesn’t mean as much now, compared to 20/30 years ago.

It’s all about the champions league and the title

I've said before that Champions League raises the profile of the club and the club would earn over £30m straight away, up to £120m potentially. Winning the FA Cup is less than £5m.

But I would rather we won the FA Cup, which would get us in tbe europa league, win the europa league, which would get us in the champions league, then win the champions league. Then win the Premier league, open top bus parades 4 seasons in a row!

Going to say this again on this thread.. why would people choose Europe? To get recognition and be able to develop the side. Why? To win silverware... so you know.. just win the silverware now then if its an option.

As much as I'd love to win a trophy as much as anyone, I believe CL money would change everything for us in the long term, while the FA Cup would get us next to nothing in the long term.

Our rivals for top 4 would much rather Everton won a trophy but stayed in their box than got CL money in and the glass ceiling potentially removed. Get in and spend the money well and we'll stick around.

I want us in the top 4 regularly and believe that if we manage that, trophies will come. We are not Spurs. And clubs like them and Leicester finishing above us every year these days is something that needs to change.

For us, the cup would be amazing. For the players to stay on and commit, and believe in the 'project', it has to be Europe. Even Europa League will convince them that we are going somewhere, because we can then aim for 3rd or 4th next year. This year though, we have to come 5th somehow, and be within 5 points of 4th, not a jammy 7th place qualification... otherwise Richy, James, Ancelotti will not believe the team can do it.

As has already been said before, coming 5th means we’ve got to finish above 3 of the following:
Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs or Arsenal. Realistically, which 3 will that be?

Europe is step one to winning shiny things.

With Europe, our team stays together and gets better.

We see the blues more often against boss European sides.

We get a chance to see how we get on in Europe with arguably the manager with the greatest CL in history.

Naturally, we then win things.

I know it didn’t quite work that way for Spurs but it’s how it goes for most truly successful teams. I don’t want us to be Leicester, I want us to be Real Madrid, or to a lesser extent Sevilla of the last decade.

Easy way to put it, are DCL and Richy going to stay if we win a cup unlikely.
If we get in the CL, they will stay

Im not really sure where the former would go. I don’t see any PL side above us starting him week in week out.

Based on his recent form Richarlison wouldn’t get accepted to La Masia.

Lifting the FA cup or looking at the league table sitting in 4th, for me its silverware every single time.
lifting a cup is an achievement and will be etched into our history forever

Depends what you’re offering FLMs.

Champions League or Cup, I’m probably saying Champions League as I can make a minimum of 3 amazing memories with my mates that I’ll never lose.

Europa League or Cup, I’m picking cup, because if we win, we get in the Europa anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.