2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a word in warning, we have consistently only every punted it straight to the corner flag from kick-off in every single game since I have watched us, and that's 19 years.

I don’t think that’s quite right, we never did it under Martinez or Silva. Moyes had us booting it in a straight line down the middle of the pitch.

Will the new manager have as a pre-condition that Big Dunc stays on the coaching staff, or will he be on his way with the rest of the backroom staff?
Big Duncs will be the new manager with Tim Cahill as assistant coach. When was the last time you saw the boys play properly for a manger? When Ferguson was in charge. He might not be able to bring to the table the big signings however that’s what Marcels is there to do right? Dunc and Tim will sort it out

Weirdest thing in the world to me, especially for a team that everyone said "Carlo likes to build from the back" we just booted it up and lost possession after 15 seconds every single time.

That was the only time we ever played it long during the match. The rest of the time we just tried very badly to pass it out from the back and it always felt momentous when we made it past the half way line.

End of the day, the football we played was awful for the most part and the highlight was an anfield win. The job was too big for him in terms of he didn’t have it in him to take us forward and will never get to manage a team like Real Madrid again. Onwards & upwards from now time to put an identity into the club again and get behind the new manager whoever it may be - as long as it’s not that PE teacher Howe.

Just as a word in warning, we have consistently only every punted it straight to the corner flag from kick-off in every single game since I have watched us, and that's 19 years.
Not only that, but our best ever team (84-85) kicked off every game that very same way, if I recall.

Yes, we need a manager with tactical nous, but we also need someone to inject energy and passion....ffs we need someone like Stevie G la......

Hope we are all ready for another false dawn!

Another 18 months of disappointment, Coleman's "we know we should do better for the fans" interviews and then the inevitable sacking of another manager.

Also, the problem with these high end managers who all swap Europe's top 10 or so top tier teams between them is that they mostly have world class players. I don't think they know how to respond to mediocre squads

It must be a huge shock to turn up at a club like ours and see a team of mostly terrible players.

Status
Not open for further replies.