2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that I find the whole episode mildly amusing seemingly confirms that I’ve totally given up being bothered by this joke of a club!

Struggled to even watch us on tele last year because the “football” was so dismal and turgid so I certainly won’t be sad to see someone else come in.
Same as me mate I just laughed when Romano started reporting it. Chuck it on the pile, who’s arsed lol

And you know this how?
To be fair, I don’t. I’d seen a tweet from Fabrizio Romano with part of it saying fee had been agreed to terminate Ancelotti’s contract and I’d just assumed it meant paying the rest of his contract out for us. Evidently can’t be definitely sure of the fee

That’s because his results weren’t anything spectacular overall, the football was absolutely dire and he oversaw the worst home form in many a year.
People will comment on what they see unfolding, so if that seems overly critical then so be it I guess.

Everton fans are by and large a frustrated bunch and who can blame them though.
They weren't and you're right that the football wasn't amazing, especially at home and during some recent games. So people did have a right to grumble.

Nevertheless, he had the best win rate out of any of last five managers and had overturned some of the historic failings that we had away from home.

1622631871537.png

Under his tenure, we signed some really exciting players, who I think most would admit were beyond our reach prior to his appointment.

Additionally, we did play some great football at times. My point being that while he wasn't perfect there was a large swathe of criticism that many felt was unfair.

It also didn't factor in the shambolic squad he inherited and the size of the task at hand. It's fine to criticise, within reason, as it is fine to praise within reason.

I dread to think what the reaction will be when we most likely do not appoint a manager of his stature and success. Will it then be on Moshiri's toes? Bill?

It's easy to say NSNO and have blind, high expectations, but in reality we're on a journey that'll take him. I want us back to the halcyon day's of the 80s!

Yet, I am realistic that there'll be bumps along the way because it isn't an easy task especially when you consider the mistakes that have already occurred.

They weren't and you're right that the football wasn't amazing, especially at home and during some recent games. So people did have a right to grumble.

Nevertheless, he had the best win rate out of any of last five managers and had overturned some of the historic failings that we had away from home.

View attachment 129094

Under his tenure, we signed some really exciting players, who I think most would admit were beyond our reach prior to his appointment.

Additionally, we did play some great football at times. My point being that while he wasn't perfect there was a large swathe of criticism that many felt was unfair.

It also didn't factor in the shambolic squad he inherited and the size of the task at hand. It's fine to criticise, within reason, as it is fine to praise within reason.

I dread to think what the reaction will be when we most likely do not appoint a manager of his stature and success. Will it then be on Moshiri's toes? Bill?

It's easy to say NSNO and have blind, high expectations, but in reality we're on a journey that'll take him. I want us back to the halcyon day's of the 80s!

Yet, I am realistic that there'll be bumps along the way because it isn't an easy task especially when you consider the mistakes that have already occurred.

We signed one player who was out of our reach I would say.

I keep seeing Allan mentioned, he went from a decent to middling Italian side to a decent to middling English side. He is good but he is not a superstar or anything.

We signed one player who was out of our reach I would say.

I keep seeing Allan mentioned, he went from a decent to middling Italian side to a decent to middling English side. He is good but he is not a superstar or anything.
You're probably correct however when he's fit he has been a marked improvement on what we had and quiet influential. Could I have seen him coming here?

Not really.

One angle I've not seen mentioned - the compensation package was probably considerable and represents a welcome injection of funding into the club. Somewhere between £10m and £20m maybe?

You're probably correct however when he's fit he has been a marked improvement on what we had and quiet influential. Could I have seen him coming here?

Not really.

I could, decent defensive mid, handful of international caps, coming to the end of his career. He probably wasn't getting a better offer at this point.

One angle I've not seen mentioned - the compensation package was probably considerable and represents a welcome injection of funding into the club. Somewhere between £10m and £20m maybe?

Would be nice to actually get a nice fee for once. Has there been any word on this?

Hopefully they paid off his contract value of £33 million to us

To be fair, I don’t. I’d seen a tweet from Fabrizio Romano with part of it saying fee had been agreed to terminate Ancelotti’s contract and I’d just assumed it meant paying the rest of his contract out for us. Evidently can’t be definitely sure of the fee
It'll be paid in players. We'll have been offered £30 million towards players from them. Guaranteed. Two Real players join us this summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.