New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Politics relates to every facet of life. I couldn't get on board with any Everton manager ever having called Thatcher 'inspirational'. Disowning your own club stuff that
I can't stand thatcher either. But personally myself, i believe that any fan player or employee of Evertons political/personal beliefs are none of my business. So long as you are doing your job and helping Everton win, then everything is alright with me.

Messi remaining Messi as he gets older and the team around him gets worse is a tougher and tougher ask. What he did this year was ridiculous and it still wasn't quite enough.
Have to disagree. Ter Stegen was running a +4.4 till Jan end/Feb on his post shot xG. In the fixtures that followed, his post shot xG+/- dropped to -1.0 He was dropping clanger after clanger every match, not saving shots he was meant to save.

Even an average GK probably would have won them enough points in that stretch to make it through. Not to mention Atleti vastly overperforming every key metric (Llorente having 12 goals on an xG of 4.3 should give you an idea) why are you assuming it would hold next season?

All of this is immaterial though, Koeman will crash and burn, it's his second season syndrome after all.

Have to disagree. Ter Stegen was running a +4.4 till Jan end/Feb on his post shot xG for matches. In the fixtures that followed, his post shot xG+/- dropped to -1.0 He was dropping clanger after clanger every match, not saving shots he was meant to save.

Even an average GK probably would have won them enough points in that stretch to make it through. Not to mention Atleti vastly overperforming every kep metric, why are you assuming it would hold next season?

All of this is immaterial though, Koeman will crash and burn, it's his second season syndrome after all.
You can't win matches with just good goalkeeping. That may have hurt them late, but they got there because of Messi and they'll only get back because of Messi.

You can't win matches with just good goalkeeping. That may have hurt them late, but they got there because of Messi and they'll only get back because of Messi.
Fair enough on Messi, he will need to put up a GOAT season again if they are to stand a chance.

Team isn't terrible as you are making it to be though. De Jong's great, would take him at Everton in a heartbeat (can say that about tons of players, but he's great). Pedri is shaping up to be an interesting player and if Fati can get back to his pre-injury form not a half bad team. Defence is terrible though.

Fair enough on Messi, he will need to put up a GOAT season again if they are to stand a chance.

Team isn't terrible as you are making it to be though. De Jong's great, would take him at Everton in a heartbeat (can say that about tons of players, but he's great). Pedri is shaping up to be an interesting player and if Fati can get back to his pre-injury form not a half bad team. Defence is terrible though.
It's a pretty poor team by their standards. They'd struggle for top four here except that they'd still have Messi. He's papering over everything.

It's a pretty poor team by their standards. They'd struggle for top four here except that they'd still have Messi. He's papering over everything.
La liga in general is poor right now. I meant not a bad team within the context of that league. They are not competing in the UCL anytime soon and yup would stuggle for top 4 in the PL.

Have to disagree. Ter Stegen was running a +4.4 till Jan end/Feb on his post shot xG. In the fixtures that followed, his post shot xG+/- dropped to -1.0 He was dropping clanger after clanger every match, not saving shots he was meant to save.

Even an average GK probably would have won them enough points in that stretch to make it through. Not to mention Atleti vastly overperforming every key metric (Llorente having 12 goals on an xG of 4.3 should give you an idea) why are you assuming it would hold next season?

If you are talking Atleti and xG /xPoints you are ignoring 7 or 8 years of evidence that they outperform it massively (except for 19/20). And most of the time by 15-20 points. Just doesn't work for them...

Fair enough, I don't disagree with you. But with the backing and the stadium etc, i want to go beyond what we were when Moyes left us. Appreciate there are steps to take to get there but I don't want to hit a glass ceiling with him.

He never had money before. We all know how important finances are.

….from what I can see, very little change in this market;

39515186-08F4-45C8-A698-290F2859068F.png

There is only one person right for the job and that is Davey Moyes.

- Here to build something long term
- Loves Everton, knows Everton
- His teams are always well-drilled, balanced and fit
- Has shown this season that he is a class manager
- Always had an eye for the right player

Absolute no brainer for me.
He does not love Everton. Never did.

He enjoyed his time here and sounds grateful for it but he never loved Everton. And it's fair enough, you don't have to love your job but I get the feeling he fancies West Ham more than Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.