New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we give Nuno a squad that has two top 6 standard players in each position, and he keeps bumping his head on 7th, then fine, we can moan about the glass ceiling then.

When we have a squad that has been mid table for about 5 seasons, why are we moaning about whether this manager has an upper limit or not (that some have decided he apparently has)

This for me comes back to the usual Everton fan impatience and desperation for a quick fix. Maybe Potter’s philosophy will mean we don’t have to finance a top 6 squad, we’ll just take a short cut, or maybe Gaultier will do it, or Conte.

Koeman and Ancelotti were star names, Martinez and Silva were the newbies who had a fresh way of playing. They all got the same results because the squad isn’t good enough. There is no shortcut.

Arguments about the ceilings of individual managers are pointless until we start behaving like a top 6 club. If the new manager has to build a team around Keane Coleman Davies and Siggurdson then I couldn’t give a flying one what his philosophy is because we will lose a whole load more games again.
That sort of sensible post won’t get you anywhere round here mate

If we give Nuno a squad that has two top 6 standard players in each position, and he keeps bumping his head on 7th, then fine, we can moan about the glass ceiling then.

When we have a squad that has been mid table for about 5 seasons, why are we moaning about whether this manager has an upper limit or not (that some have decided he apparently has)

This for me comes back to the usual Everton fan impatience and desperation for a quick fix. Maybe Potter’s philosophy will mean we don’t have to finance a top 6 squad, we’ll just take a short cut, or maybe Gaultier will do it, or Conte.

Koeman and Ancelotti were star names, Martinez and Silva were the newbies who had a fresh way of playing. They all got the same results because the squad isn’t good enough. There is no shortcut.

Arguments about the ceilings of individual managers are pointless until we start behaving like a top 6 club. If the new manager has to build a team around Keane Coleman Davies and Siggurdson then I couldn’t give a flying one what his philosophy is because we will lose a whole load more games again.

It’s probably best if you accept we aren’t troubling the top 6 for a while and aren’t even going to try anymore.

Yes, this.

Talking too much sense for here pal. Some of them are daft enough to think we should be going after Simeone.

I wonder if some people genuinely think that if a manager just is more ‘progressive’ and tells his players to ‘give it a go’ and ‘attack’ more, that all of a sudden the law of physics go out the window and we’ll just be sweeping aside all before us despite having one of the slowest weakest squads in the league with some really poor technique.

There’s probably a reason why a lot of managers play horrible football when they get to Everton and that’s because we don’t give them the tools to do anything else. ‘Here’s a lord of midfielders who can’t run pass tackle or shoot, please can we have top 4 though?’ What do we actually expect these managers to do? Set up expansive and open with Michael Keane at the back who struggles with things like running and passing? Play a high pressing game with midfielders like Siggurdson and Davies? Have thrusting wing backs when our right back can’t cross a ball?

It doesn’t matter who the manager is, that’s rot of football isn’t happening successfully until the players change. We might get a Martinez or Potter who will do it anyway and plough us into the bottom half with it but that’s no good to us either.

Status
Not open for further replies.