New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember his 2008 squad having 62 players making it bigger than an NFL roster.
Endured financial meltdowns at Liverpool and Valencia, the latter having an effect on their new stadium.
Additionally, in his first 3 seasons at Liverpool, they failed to score in 39 games.
Should be fun

….I honestly don’t think so. They will know the fantastic fan base from playing Everton, they will know the massive investment on players, they will know the new ground plans & they will know the tradition.

We are not a small club, he was endearing himself to the Cult.

Which was his job at the time. Its not going to be an easy decision for him either.

Not the most impressive cabinet for someone who's managed the teams he has;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/Rafael-benitez/erfolge/trainer/1522

Last trophy 7 years ago with napoli, last league title? Almost 20 years ago.. Dinosaur.

Despite his personality failures, he wasn't a bad coach - a decade ago.

What a ridiculous appointment.

Steve Bruce has come in and done just as well mate. Literally identical points tally. This is an absolutely disastrous appointment, probably the worst case scenario. The only difference is they conceded way less, so we've got some more ultra-defensive football to look forward to.

View attachment 130758
Steve Bruce has come in and done just as well mate. Literally identical points tally. This is an absolutely disastrous appointment, probably the worst case scenario. The only difference is they conceded way less, so we've got some more ultra-defensive football to look forward to.

View attachment 130758
An unfair comparison considering Benítez got them promoted and so were newly promoted during his time there. Bruce has had the bigger budget courtesy of them being established PL club. Bruce should be doing better than Rafael if he was a decent manager not the same, think they would have made more progress if he'd stayed.

As long as you're happy amigo.
You will be in a very small minority.
It as small as you think I suspect. This site is an echo chamber, and quite a few that I speak to are accepting. Not delighted but accepting, and I put myself in that bracket.

For the record, I’m sure we all want success. I personally am sick and tired of mediocrity. Benitez is quite ruthless and is not afraid to call out under performing players. so on that level he may be tHe hatchet we have all wanted.

Hi lads, Newcastle fan here. Not sure I'm necessarily welcome as I've noticed a lot of animosity between Newcastle and Everton fans online in recent years, albeit one I've never understood. Always had a soft spot for Everton if that makes me any better! Just wanted to pop in to say he did a really great job with us and while I understand your reaction (appointing an ex Liverpool manager and his infamous "small club" comments), I feel he has become a genuinely underrated figure in recent years. He's ambitious, tactically brilliant (but very conservative - I know that's a concern of yours) and loves a "project". He really has to hit the ground running to win you over - but I see no reason he can't make a success of it.

In a year's time I think you may hold a different view. I'll bow out...
He won't be here in a year. The atmosphere will be toxic every time he loses a match. He has no chance. It's a bizarre appointment, if this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.