New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they are in parallel negotiations with at least one other manager if Benitez falls through, we don't the luxury of starting the process all over.

It is better to take time, but time is running out. This has to be sorted by the end of the month at the latest.

The club have done nothing in public, nobody know what they have or haven’t done - that is how all great businesses are run.

We may end up making a good, bad or average appointment but until we do, what’s embarrassing is people losing their mind over speculation.
I know what you're saying but I disagree slightly. Well run businesses would have taken control of this situation and put their own spin on things, whereas we've allowed the spin to come from elsewhere. Whatever is actually happening, the majority opinion is going to be that we've made a mess of this process, and that isn't going to be helpful for whoever comes in. The radio silence hasn't been appropriate this time in my opinion.

Why do so many get upset over the old Small Club comment?

We’re basically a small club now in every respect other than the purse strings. Haven’t achieved anything of note in some time…we’ve had guys like Martina and Niasse pull on the jumper in recent memory…

Whoever comes in has a big job, that’s for sure.
If you read back, most don't actually care about the small club comment, yet posters are still flogging everyone with it.

People care that he is a past it manager that plays awful negative football.

So are we just to ignore what happpened after he left?

Leonardo came straight in after he was sacked, set a new points record collecting 33 points in 13 games, won the Coppa Italia and led them to a 2nd place finish?

Am guessing he did that with a rebuilt squad, right?

No, but he did spend nearly 30 mil in the winter including, bringing in Pazzini.

Inter were 5th with 1 or 2 games in hand when Rafael was sacked.

I seem to recall Leonardo got absolutely humiliated in the Champions league.

Yeah OK Leonardo helped win the Coppa Italia. Rafael had won the SuperCoppa Italiana and the Club World Cup earlier on in the season.

Why didn't Inter keep Leonardo on the following season?

They ended up going through 4 different managers the following season. They were a club in turmoil, but hey let's blame Rafael.

Ive thought long and hard over the last week and I still cant think of a worse manager than Benitez.

When we signed Kone I wanted to cry, when we appointed Martinez I wanted to cry, Koeman, Silva, all brought me to tears, but this, it makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Everybody has a line.
Don't do it goat. It's only sport.

Why do so many get upset over the old Small Club comment?

We’re basically a small club now in every respect other than the purse strings. Haven’t achieved anything of note in some time…we’ve had guys like Martina and Niasse pull on the jumper in recent memory…

Whoever comes in has a big job, that’s for sure.
We’ve won the league more times than Chelsea and City combined IIRC.

that, IMO, means we’re not a ‘small club’. He also said it when we’re were right with them in the league as a way to denigrate our standing at that time. That’s why it irks.

What’s embarrassing is the board are totally indecisive about who they want to appoint.

there doesn’t seem to be a plan and vision as to how to move the club forward.

instead what we’re getting is leaks about various managers, eventually they need to make a decision so planning can start for the start of the season.

what we have now is farcical
I'd rather they have extended dialogue to get on the same page if there isn't a shared vision.

We’ve won the league more times than Chelsea and City combined IIRC.

that, IMO, means we’re not a ‘small club’. He also said it when we’re were right with them in the league as a way to denigrate our standing at that time. That’s why it irks.
That’s fine, I get that, but how relevant are those past triumphs when you look at the state the club finds itself in now?

I’ll admit that I’m more of a recent fan so my knowledge of the ups and downs of the club won’t be as vast as most on here.

At a certain point we have to start performing like a big club now, consistently. That’s the challenge.

Why should we forget this major disrpect ? I won't forgive people who badmouth our historic club.
It wasn't really a major disrespect. It was a minor off the cuff remark while he was coaching our main rivals and we had frustrated him with a 0-0 draw.

I really don't understand why people still get themselves so worked up over trivial matters like this

That’s fine, I get that, but how relevant are those past triumphs when you look at the state the club finds itself in now?

I’ll admit that I’m more of a recent fan so my knowledge of the ups and downs of the club won’t be as vast as most on here.

At a certain point we have to start performing like a big club now, consistently. That’s the challenge.
So you’d call arsenal a small club? They’ve not won a trophy in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.