New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem as I see it is that the nomenklatura appointed by Usmanov to do his bidding get their "insight" from Kenwright and his hangers-on. So we have fabulously wealthy hard-nosed, ruthless businessmen who know nor care nothing for the history and culture of the club taking soundings from people who have spent 25 years manipulating a fanbase into thinking pluckiness, knowing our place, sentimentalism, and mediocrity are our values.

Is it any wonder they don't "know" what the fans think. But, to be fair, I am suspicious of whether "the fans" know what they want. They've been brainwashed over the last 25 years into accepting that Everton is - and should always be - a charity with a football playing department tacked on at the side. In that sense, I can't get too worked up over the appointment of Benitez. Get a similarly proven manager with a better record than him and I'm on board. But all the "punts" that are being proposed instead are just that...punts with "potential". The politburo running our club are not going to jeopardise their investment on a punt. We have no proper fan representation on that board today - Kenwright is NOT "one of us" - and so we end up with Benitez almost to spite him. This is what happens when "the voice of the fans" on that board recommends David Moyes and his ilk as the solution to all of our managerial problems. At some point, the real decision makers realise that there is little credibility in suggestions from those quarters and go full-on nuclear. The board needs a clear out.
Usmanov isn’t in charge of Everton he wouldn’t have Kenwright or Denise, he would get serious people in. Moshiri an accountant and not a real business man, most of his money from Usmanov

This is what does me, doing this to long term Blues, what are the board thinking

Why should the board listen to some random fans using emotional blackmail to get what they want?

Some of the same people saying stuff like this are the same people saying we are too sentimental and not ruthless enough as a club.

Everyone has got angry, annoyed, upset, tired, fed up, or burnt out by Everton at some point. Every single one of us. If a few decide to walk away because of something they don't agree with, I can tell you now, they will be back when they calm down, or they were never really fans in the first place.

Benitez might not be everyone's 1st choice, or anyone's, but if he is the 1st choice of the people in charge, we have to just get behind it. He is not bigger than the club. He will not be here forever, and the longer he is here, the better he and we will have done.

Temper tantrums, protests and all the other negative stuff associated with the people showing their discontent at the board appointing what essentially boils down to a successful manager that they personally don't like, comes across as childish, stubborn, bitter and obstructive towards a collective goal.

This is what does me, doing this to long term Blues, what are the board thinking

Imagine..

Putting up with 26 years without a trophy

Constant false dawns

A penniless luvvy owner for over a decade knocking back investment whilst operating a sell to buy policy

3 failed stadium moves

Derby humiliations

Relegation scraps in the 90's

Selling Rooney and Arteta to pay the banks off

Spending £45 million on Siggurdsson

Going through all that and deciding that giving the manager job to a Spanish ex RS manager is the straw that broke the camels back lol

What a melon lol

All this does make me wonder whether FSW is our backup plan and our main target is at the Euro's? Otherwise, surely it would be announced by now?

I kind of see your thinking but of the managers left at the Euros there isn't anyone that stands out. It won't be Martinez as one of the things Moshiri did was show him the door, Mancini has just signed a 5 year deal, Southgate wants to extend his stay,
De Boer has already failed in the Premier League and Loew has said he isn't going back to club management which leaves Luis Enrique and maybe the Croatia boss.

Why should the board listen to some random fans using emotional blackmail to get what they want?

Some of the same people saying stuff like this are the same people saying we are too sentimental and not ruthless enough as a club.

Everyone has got angry, annoyed, upset, tired, fed up, or burnt out by Everton at some point. Every single one of us. If a few decide to walk away because of something they don't agree with, I can tell you now, they will be back when they calm down, or they were never really fans in the first place.

Benitez might not be everyone's 1st choice, or anyone's, but if he is the 1st choice of the people in charge, we have to just get behind it. He is not bigger than the club. He will not be here forever, and the longer he is here, the better he and we will have done.

Temper tantrums, protests and all the other negative stuff associated with the people showing their discontent at the board appointing what essentially boils down to a successful manager that they personally don't like, comes across as childish, stubborn, bitter and obstructive towards a collective goal.
Go on lad, let it out

He won't be, the players will be made up with his appointment, he is so unpopular with over half the fans that they will just throw him under the bus if he tries to exert any discipline with them.

He really is an easy mark for players with a history of downing tools.
Also what player would want to play in a stadium where the fans don’t want the manager, not exactly the best conditions.

it’s not some random fans tho lad. bet if they voted all fans the fat one woudnt be in

fans own clubs in that sense mate if IF as he won’t was to be in he would totally split fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.