New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are this years promoted 3 going to be any better? Norwich won the league and got about 15 points the last time they came up. The best measure is points, and he needs to improve on 59.
Nonsense. You compete against league position. Would you prefer 72 points and 5th or 61 points and 4th? Ultimately the lower points total gets the better prize.

Hes not getting us ahead of City, United or Chelsea.

Benitez would need to have us ahead of the RS to get top 4.

We'd need 5 players signed.

Liverpool have been found out. They're a poor team with a manager who's out of his depth.

I'm not really interested in hearing who we can or can't finish above. I just want to focus on us, improving our points total and winning more games. That's the objective for any manager, and if he does that, we could finish 4th.

Nonsense. You compete against league position. Would you prefer 72 points and 5th or 61 points and 4th? Ultimately the lower points total gets the better prize.

Of course I would prefer the higher finish but I would also recognise where a team is currently at in terms of the wins/draws/losses the previous season(s). We got 8th under Allardyce, with 48 points, but we were miles behind where we were last season. It was a false position, just as 10th was last season.

He was one of the most highly rated youngsters around, was linked with loads of big clubs before he went there. Whoever their manager was at the time decided to play Hayden Mullins ahead of him because he didn’t speak English, Tevez didn’t get in the team for a while when he first went there either.

Yes he was. He was an Argentine international for 4 years before he even got to Liverpool. You are right West Ham didn't play him much but that was on them not him. He was a proven international player. He played at the 2006 World Cup!

Very good player, but he wasn't world class before or at West ham.

He'd only ever played in the Argentine league and played 5 games for west ham.

Agree west ham's fault for not playing him like

We were within 8 points of 4th, while throwing away countless easy points. All Benitez has to do is a win a few easy home games, while keeping everything else the same and we will be in the top 4. If he can't beat the likes of Burnley/Newcastle at home he shouldn't be here.
We won't win as many away next season, whoever is at the helm.
Slightly off topic I know.

As mad as it might seem to some, Moderators are people too and have just as much right to their personal opinion as everyone else does. They only difference is that on top of that they give up their own time to help keep the forum a decent place for everyone which speaking from experience can be a thankless job at times.

Keep up the good work lads and thanks. ;)

Still is for some it seems…
:p

Has anyone figured out how to handle the feelings of wanting Everton to play beautiful footy and push for the title while simultaneously wanting the manager to fail spectacularly and be fired in utter disgrace?

Liverpool have been found out. They're a poor team with a manager who's out of his depth.

I'm not really interested in hearing who we can or can't finish above. I just want to focus on us, improving our points total and winning more games. That's the objective for any manager, and if he does that, we could finish 4th.

It was more about if he could get us top 4 he'd need to finish ahead of the RS.

Thats got to be his motivation, top 4 and best in the City.

Champions league. We were within 8 points of it. So we were very close. We improved by 10 points under Ancelotti. That improvement again gets us to 3rd.

As for big boys underperforming expectations I'm not sure. Spurs will be a lot weaker next season. Liverpool have an ageing squad with a manager who has been found out so they will decline. Arsenal are not pulling up any trees. I even think OGS at United may struggle a bit next season. Thats 4 of the top 6 who won't have the money to improve and are on the slide. It's a great opportunity.
you remind me of Dennis Skinner the first time John Major got up to the despatch box
'Resign!'

It was more about if he could get us top 4 he'd need to finish ahead of the RS.

Thats got to be his motivation, top 4 and best in the City.

Well I think United will struggle a bit next season. You also don't know if Chelsea will blow up. Liverpool lost 30 points last season, who knows what can happen. I just think we have to focus on ourselves, and accumulating as many points as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.