New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So every manager in the world fitted the criteria?

Good managers from abroad aren't going to give us a second look. I'm glad we haven't thrown a kings ransom at them to tempt them.

PL managers are expensive to poach. We can't keep on doing it and failing.

The next is out of work PL managers.
Nuno, seems he's interviewing badly wherever he goes.
Howe, may not want the job or doesn't fit the criteria.
Rafael, has PL experience and wants the job.

Below them 3 would probably have been Big Sam, Mark Hughes and the likes.

So as you can see a whole world of managers can filter down pretty quickly once criteria is applied.
So how exactly does he fit the the criteria?

Every manager is a risk but the likes of Benitez and Ancelotti are low risks.

Benitez came into a dour Newcastle side with 10 games to go and couldn't keep them up.

The reality is some 35 yr old hipster manager from Portugal or Bosnia is a much bigger risk than Benitez its as simple as that.

These next 3 years Everton wont be taking risks so people have to suck it up.

Right OK, so we should judge Potter, Nuno etc on their past managing lesser clubs than us but we ignore Benitez's?

Whats with the weird hipster stuff? Where they are from is irrelevant isn't it?

If you think Benitez is a low risk then I don't really know what to say to you. Again you are completely ignoring any form of emotion in this. It doesn't work like that.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 31

It is inevitably and inexorably becoming more polarised as we approach this foolish and divisive appointment.
There is no longer a ‘We’ amongst Evertonians there is increasingly a ‘them ‘ and us’.
We are on the brink of a civil war between supporters..
You have to ask yourself is Benitez worth it?
Not at all for me.

Its madness.

If it was for a current top of the range manager than maybe.

Civil war for a past it manager. Boss.

It is inevitably and inexorably becoming more polarised as we approach this foolish and divisive appointment.
There is no longer a ‘We’ amongst Evertonians there is increasingly a ‘them ‘ and us’.
We are on the brink of a civil war between supporters..
You have to ask yourself is Benitez worth it?
Not at all for me.
you might be on the brink of a civil war, I'm looking forward to the new season.

Mate as you said the tyrant of abuse and unsugar coated hurled at Benitez on here and everywhere and you suggest he loses weight to be healthy for the job and it gets a mad reaction for pages on here. You are indeed been held to a different standard. You are not known for low blows, just posting articulate tldr paragraphs. Its why people are jumping on that.

Thanks mate.

I do understand that the long paragraphs are quite self indulgent and appreciate it's not everyone's interest. As you say though, I don't get the pearl clutching at asking a fella to lose a bit of weight.

People who read my posts will see, for the most part I am supportive of almost all the players and indeed managers while they are here. There's far far worse that gets said, which I don't really mind about at all, as it's people's opinions. But there does have to be some consistency.

I've played sport to a reasonable level. Rightly or wrongly players will look at managers and their weight. What Barton said was crude, but it's also what a lot of players will think. I don't think it's right, but I know it goes on.

Right OK, so we should judge Potter, Nuno etc on their past managing lesser clubs than us but we ignore Benitez's?

Whats with the weird hipster stuff? Where they are from is irrelevant isn't it?

If you think Benitez is a low risk then I don't really know what to say to you. Again you are completely ignoring any form of emotion in this. It doesn't work like that.

If you factor in Benitez's relegation (Klopp was relegated with Mainz btw and he's pretty decent) then you cant ignore the CL, Europa League, Copa Italia, La Liga Title, FA Cup etc on his CV.

If you seriously believe Usmanov and Moshiri who have a £500+ million stadium about to commence work will be happy enough to risk appointing someone like Potter who just finished outside of the relegation spots and has never finished in the top half of the table never mind won a trophy of real note you're living with the fairies mate.

Nuno I believe would have got the job had he not wanted his entourage/remove Dunc but Everton are jobs for the boys so it is what it is. What I would say with Nuno is he had better players at Wolves than he would have had here and a system in place at that club which fitted him/Mendes like a glove yet he finished 7th twice and bottled a cup semi final against Watford despite leading the game. For me I dont think Nuno would have done anything here Benitez couldn't do and if its true he was homesick last season then thats a red flag going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.