Because there's nothing to clear.

You all sound like my kids.

Reality:

Eva: "Daaaaaaad, Evan said I support a small club"

Me: "Just sort it out amongst yourselves, I'm trying to cook dinner"

Me: *Pours a large glass of wine.*

GOT version:

Me: WHAT?!?!?! Disown your brother NOW and never speak to him again!! When he's 18, find out where he lives and put a threatening banner outside his house. Never forgive him, no matter what he does for you in the future!! In fact, I'll help you make the banner and kick him out now so you can go hang it at whatever foster carer he ends up at!!!!.............unless he just says 'Soz', in which case, still hold a grudge, but just bottle it deep inside."

Me: *Pi$$e$ in my pants due to the uncontrollable rage that burns deep within*

---Fin---

lol lol lol lol lol

didnt we win under ancelotti? :oops:

Exactly

Small club though because we played defensively and they had more possession (At least in Benitez's world we were)

Should have won in Moyes' last season too but had a goal unfairly chalked off

Those tactics are not allowed though (Until Benitez does them, then they magically become masterstrokes)

We should have done what Martinez did and get absolutely slaughtered trying to play "proper big club" football

Because there's nothing to clear.

You all sound like my kids.

Reality:

Me: "Just sort it out amongst yourselves, I'm trying to cook dinner"

Me: *Pours a large glass of wine.*

GOT version:

Me: WHAT?!?!?! Disown your brother NOW and never speak to him again!! When he's 18, find out where he lives and put a threatening banner outside his house. Never forgive him, no matter what he does for you in the future!! In fact, I'll help you make the banner and kick him out now so you can go hang it at whatever foster carer he ends up at!!!!.............unless he just says 'Soz', in which case, still hold a grudge, but just bottle it deep inside."

Me: *Pi$$e$ in my pants due to the uncontrollable rage that burns deep within*

---Fin---

Did you really name your kids Eva and Evan?

Is the third one going to be called Evanescence?

It's a throwaway example, not a direct equivalence. The point is saying 'people shouldn't still be angry about something that happened 15 years ago' is missing the point. They aren't still angry about it being said, they just think the bloke who said it shouldn't be given the opportunity to manage the club they love.
I can get behind people being angry at an ex-Liverpool manger coming to manage Everton. I really, really don't like it myself.

Being mad because he said something entirely in-keeping with being a Liverpool manager while he was a Liverpool manager, I cannot.

Mikey you're a good lid, but I really don't know why you're hanging your hat on this to be honest...

Because it highlights why his comments were bollocks and why he should walk them back

The main defence for why he shouldn't do that is either "get over it" or "we are a small club and he's right"

I'm just pointing out that if you think playing against Liverpool like that makes us a small club then we'll remain small this upcoming season, because that's the way he's going to set us up, except now he'll think it's okay, because reasons

Kenwright is giving contracts to Brands now?! Our non-executive chairman?

"Chairman Bill Kenwright added: "There hasn't really been any doubt for some time that Marcel (Brands) and I would sit down and agree a new contract. With Farhad's (Moshiri) blessing it took us around about one play of Z Cars to reach an agreement."

Update on Sky: 'Benitez has held meetings with Ferguson & Unsworth and have now both left Finch Farm. Baines is still there. Expecting the official announcement will be made later today.'

Status
Not open for further replies.