New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% this. I can (just about) see why people might not agree with you, but I cannot get my head round the people who just don't even seem to see it. All this 'get over it' stuff is just completely missing the point.
I bet at least one of the usual suspects replies to my post and tells me to "get over that comment from 15 years ago". It's like a mantra for them.

This appointment just makes zero sense.

a manager who’s teams play awful football and is already hated by the fans. How on earth do the board think that’s is a good idea? I can’t get my head around it
Because Moshiri doesn’t care about the fans. He’s put so much money into Everton now that he wants to start see’ing some return. At the end of the day he’s a business man and Everton is his Business.

can someone photoshop Benitez's head onto Lord Voldemort's for me. Thanks

hqdefault.jpg
Why bother just leave it like that, and use it when the burst Spanish bollock tries to "prise" Shelvey away from the Horsepunchers for some godawful mountain of cash.

Perhaps you should have a rethink on the word sanctimonious. It's closer to home than you might think. I wasn't sneering at anyone, I just don't think people should be given a free pass due to uncontrolled emotions. That's why the 'grow up' comment. I stand by it, especially with respect to the abuse and threats. The difference with this manager is the comment he made. That's it. Not his style or whether or not he's finished. The comment is the source of the freak out. And yes I think people should take a look at themselves if they can't get past it. It was 15 odd years ago, he was the manger of a club competing in the CL, we weren't. It wasn't in his job description to learn about the history of other clubs in the league so for all he could see we were a small club. Not much done by us since his arrival in England tbf. People losing their rag over a manager of another club making a comment when frustrated really do need to have a look at themselves. I'd put my house on it that those that are most vitriolic towards RB looking down on us 15years ago have probably hurled much worse comments at other clubs/players/managers etc. Not getting paid for supporting, or buying tickets and merch, doesn't give someone the right to have no moral compass if they are holding someone else to account for things said in frustration.
You are right this appointment is more divisive, as you say look at us now. He might still do a great job and football isn't worth hatred regardless.
The fact that you think you can decide why people are bothered, and ignore them continually saying that you are wrong, means that anyone who called you sanctimonious/sneering/condescending/arrogant has been proved right. Bravo for that at least.

Because Moshiri doesn’t care about the fans. He’s put so much money into Everton now that he wants to start see’ing some return. At the end of the day he’s a business man and Everton is his Business.
How does putting Benitez in charge, suffering a dip in Merch and Ticket sales, and paying him off in 6-12 months time get him an increased return on his investment?

The fact that you think you can decide why people are bothered, and ignore them continually saying that you are wrong, means that anyone who called you sanctimonious/sneering/condescending/arrogant has been proved right. Bravo for that at least.
I can decide because it is right here in the thread. Muppet

I'm more bothered we have another defence first manager, not a fan of this playing not to lose as opposed to playing to win. It is this 'philosophy' that has gradually turned me off football as the game has become a bit boring if I'm honest with teams parking the bus. I hate it, it's not in the spirit of the game. Go out on your shield so to speak.

Perhaps you should have a rethink on the word sanctimonious. It's closer to home than you might think. I wasn't sneering at anyone, I just don't think people should be given a free pass due to uncontrolled emotions. That's why the 'grow up' comment. I stand by it, especially with respect to the abuse and threats. The difference with this manager is the comment he made. That's it. Not his style or whether or not he's finished. The comment is the source of the freak out. And yes I think people should take a look at themselves if they can't get past it. It was 15 odd years ago, he was the manger of a club competing in the CL, we weren't. It wasn't in his job description to learn about the history of other clubs in the league so for all he could see we were a small club. Not much done by us since his arrival in England tbf. People losing their rag over a manager of another club making a comment when frustrated really do need to have a look at themselves. I'd put my house on it that those that are most vitriolic towards RB looking down on us 15years ago have probably hurled much worse comments at other clubs/players/managers etc. Not getting paid for supporting, or buying tickets and merch, doesn't give someone the right to have no moral compass if they are holding someone else to account for things said in frustration.
You are right this appointment is more divisive, as you say look at us now. He might still do a great job and football isn't worth hatred regardless.

I got through to the bolded part.

Why are you lying?

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.