Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
When rumours abound that Moshiri is attending the first home game supporters gather to thank him and to wish him well.

wicker-man-1973-lord-summerisle-procession-ending.jpg

It was a tantrum when he sacked Koeman and replaced him with Big Sam. It was a tantrum when he personally scouted Cenk Tosun. It was another tantrum when he signed Silva from a relegatation form Watford. And now it is yet a bigger tantrum when he’s signed up a washed up Liverpool manager who has won nothing in a decade.

Spending hundreds of millions is a complete waste unless you put into place the right personnel and processes.

Aside from spending (wasting) money, what has Moshiri done, in real terms, with this team in the last 5 years to make you believe we’re making any meaningful progress?

I think youre wrong there to be honest...

Koeman was a naive and stupid appointment. Hes a dreadful manager and not the type of person to trust in managing and building a club.

Allardyce made sense from a risk perspective.

Silva i backed but after losing Gana and then Gbamin had no defensive midfielder which massively impacted his setup. Also having players thrown on him didnt help either i think...by the end he, like Martinez couldnt stay on.

Martinez i think had to go in the end BUT could he have succeeded with the £150mil Koeman splashed? Perhaps if he had Walsh or Brands making signings he could have done much better...

Benitez is a better manager than Koeman. Hes better than most, but hes not been a progrsssive coach and his tactics and playing style are outdated.

I waited until this was officially announced and then changed my vote to disappointed. I nearly did this after Allardyce, but this is just too much for me, not just the appointment, but also the way the club have handled it. If there was an option for disgusted on the poll I’d have gone for that.

I was ok with Allardyce as it was short term.

Does anyone believe Usmanov wants to bankroll us seriously to man city style level?

If so why are we having a 50 thousand seater stadium and hiring Benitez as manager.

It doesnt need to be a City level of backing.

Building a 50k+ seater stadium and hiring two chequebook managers in Ancelotti and Benitez pretty much supports the backing...

Etihad stadium is miles better than BMD plans

How do you work that one out? Seriously im lost on that?

BMD is going to be a waterfront stadium which from the renderings looks classic with a futuristic element.

Etihad stadium ive never been to...whats so great about it?

Do you think BMD will be a better stadium than Anfield?

If they dont massively upgrade then i think they'll fall behind commercially despite their branding.

If they dont massively upgrade then i think they'll fall behind commercially despite their branding.
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't being serious! I was replying to the previous poster who said The Etihad was superior to BMD. :)

I wasn't being serious! I was replying to the previous poster who said The Etihad was superior to BMD. :)
[/QUOTE]

I was agreeing with you :p