Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely need to strengthen ASAP

But very happy with 3 points week one and winning by 2 when behind at the break. Unusual for us

Yeah but also tactically (players and manager here) it needs to be better. I'm willing to give Rafael time of course, but it's simple stuff. Let's not be obsessed with long ball - that doesn't mean we need to be idiots playing around with it, but let's get players forward in stages and build our attacks. The second goal and third both came from doing just that.

I will never know why Benitez though playing Gray in the middle for the first half, but the team talk and changes in formation clearly made a difference. Good on him for correcting his mistake, but it was a weird mistake to make in the first place.

Good game management tho.

31850A23-ACBC-4B61-B167-B5CE355F72A1.jpeg

The positive view is we conceded next to nothing Keane brain fart aside and we did ourselves create some very presentable chances even if we aren't going to score three times every week. I don't think it is a great way to play but DCL and Richarlison as a front two are probably just good enough at attacking things for this to work ok.

Just think a three gets the best out of all of our players yeah, but at least we showed something

Status
Not open for further replies.