2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did he say that?
Was widely reported.
Everton and James Rodriguez have a month to try and find a transfer solution that suits both parties.
Rodriguez has been informed that he doesn't feature in Rafael Benitez's plans this season and he is free to leave, should the right offer be tabled.
Last night, the Colombian said he did not know what the future held but, only, that he hoped to play at a club where he was "wanted".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Rodriguez-told-NOT-Rafael-Benitezs-plans.html

Benitez is bomb proof. Great start to the season; system working. The fans see that. They also see that he was handed £1.8M to sustain the plan he has for a season. They know where any blame lies if or when we start flagging this season.
I think the manager has had a really good start , I’m really happy and personally can’t wait to get back in the ground for Burnley. However he absolutely isn’t bomb proof , if he goes in a losing run which I hope doesn’t happen then a lot of the good will , not all a lot will evaporate, that’s one of the issues I had with the appointment.

That said I’d hope he continues to get it tactically right and has some good luck which means it isn’t an issue to even be considered.

Regardless of my opinions on the players ability The manager doesn’t see him in his system and so far that system seems to be working so a decision not to start him is fair. However we’ve left this window having signed one player and previously had two keepers and reduced subs on the bench , it would seem a classic case of cutting off your nose to not include him in your squad so you can have an extra 37 year old keeper on there .

Also as has been said a time will come when we’re struggling to unlock a hard working defence , when we potentially need something a little different . As a manager If you’ve got that and choose not to use it then it’s kind of on you .

we’re three league games in against at best middling opposition and like most of us I’m very happy with the start , tougher tests lay ahead . The manager doesn’t see him as starting and at this moment you’d struggle to disagree but there is a long way to go .
It's not cutting off your nose to spite your face to leave out a disruptive player who can by his presence undermine team effort and ethos.

We need to leave this to Benitez. If James isn't involved its for a very good reason. Benitez doesn;t care about anything other than getting a result. If he thoiught that meant including James he would have by now.

The group outranks the indiuvidual. Football is a team game. I couldn't give a monkeys whether on the odd occassion this feller can make a an asist if overal we lose discipline and shape. The system has to prevail. That's what will get us to safety and then a top half finish, not James's 20 appearances and 6 goals.

It's not cutting off your nose to spite your face to leave out a disruptive player who can by his presence undermine team effort and ethos.

We need to leave this to Benitez. If James isn't involved its for a very good reason. Benitez doesn;t care about anything other than getting a result. If he thoiught that meant including James he would have by now.

The group outranks the indiuvidual. Football is a team game. I couldn't give a monkeys whether on the odd occassion this feller can make a an asist if overal we lose discipline and shape. The system has to prevail. That's what will get us to safety and then a top half finish, not James's 20 appearances and 6 goals.
I doesn’t massively disagree with the overall premise to be honest but that’s on the basis he’s disruptive.

Might actually get to see him playing for us now
Is that all that matters?
Your post is everything that is wrong with this whole farce.
He can say what he wants, play when he wants but the James cheerleaders just want to see him play live……it’s utter madness.
Why don’t we trust the manager and not a player who didn’t want to be here the moment Ancelotti left.

If he's fit he needs to be on the bench as a minimum. Hopefully he can start a few games and if he gets tired we can sub him off. He's still a world class player and he will want to play even if its just to keep match sharp for Columbia. I expect between now and January him to make 6 starts and 6 sub appearances. He will definitely miss some games but Benitez has to swallow his pride and use every asset available to him.
Benitez will swallow anything that’s put in front of him except his pride

Was widely reported.

...on the back of a month or so where James was making it plain through representatives that he wanted out of Everton.

He made the first moves.

FFS, the feller couldn't even wait for the end of last season to get out of Everton.

Let's have no BS that James is the injured party here, he clearly isn't.

Forget the wages for a moment, and he is still a major asset.

It would be madness to have him at least in the squad and on the bench. Remember, he was pretty instrumental in some of the best away results last year - Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd etc...

Plus, playing in front of a full house is bound to give him a boost

He can say what he wants, play when he wants but the James cheerleaders just want to see him play live……it’s utter madness.
Why don’t we trust the manager and not a player who didn’t want to be here the moment Ancelotti left.
Your response sums it all up nicely - cheers

Yeah I know

Match going fans who spend a lot of time and money travelling around watching Everton who just want to see a great player playing for Everton in person after not being able to go to matches due to a plague are proper weird aren't they?

...on the back of a month or so where James was making it plain through representatives that he wanted out of Everton.

He made the first moves.

FFS, the feller couldn't even wait for the end of last season to get out of Everton.

Let's have no BS that James is the injured party here, he clearly isn't.
oh, it's definitely mutual.
He wants out and Benitez doesn't want him here.
Hammy Rodz can't do much about the situation while exiled from the First Team Squad can he? It's exactly what Benitez did to him at Madrid.

No wonder the lad was looking for another team as soon as Bulbous Benny was announced as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.