New Everton Stadium Discussion

This I know for a fact having worked extensively in the area for the last 15 years.

I surveyed residents over 20yrs ago. At that time, a few said the club was their landlord, and a few others suspected that the club was their landlord via an agent, which was confirmed to me a few yrs later. Even then most owners were not averse to listening to reasonable offers. Modern CPO laws are far more favourable to the developers than in yesteryear.... and at thectime of destination Kirkby the city planners didn't see any issues in expanding footprint.... especially as there are only 2 side streets abutting the Bullens.

I surveyed residents over 20yrs ago. At that time, a few said the club was their landlord, and a few others suspected that the club was their landlord via an agent, which was confirmed to me a few yrs later. Even then most owners were not averse to listening to reasonable offers. Modern CPO laws are far more favourable to the developers than in yesteryear.... and at thectime of destination Kirkby the city planners didn't see any issues in expanding footprint.... especially as there are only 2 side streets abutting the Bullens.
The world has changed massively in the last 20 years.

Forcing even one person from their home is an absolute no.
Not arsed which angle you come at it from.

Those houses are worth between 30-70k.

Good luck replacing those.

Not everybody would welcome being forced out of homes they have lived in all their life.

It could've been as few as 16-20 houses required to substantially expanding the Bullens. I'm certain there are multiples of that number vacant within Walton alone. Far larger house clearances have occured all over the city even in recent yrs..... we knocked significantly more down to build the Park end and car park..... I don't remember a single protest or outcry from Evertonians.

There are also literally thousands of empty properties and if owners are properly remunerated i really dont see the problem in accommodating one of the city's largest institutions.....

It could've been as few as 16-20 houses required to substantially expanding the Bullens. I'm certain there are multiples of that number vacant within Walton alone. Far larger house clearances have occured all over the city even in recent yrs..... we knocked significantly more down to build the Park end and car park..... I don't remember a single protest or outcry from Evertonians.

There are also literally thousands of empty properties and if owners are properly remunerated i really dont see the problem in accommodating one of the city's largest institutions.....
Ok, ignoring that for a second, where do we play our games whilst the Stadium is getting rebuilt?

Why are you so keen to evict people from thier homes? Sounds like what a tory would do...