New Everton Stadium Discussion

Untitled.jpg

moan about this

The dock wall may have history, but it's pretty hideous in and of itself. It's a massive, unfriendly and anti-human barrier to the Mersey.
Britain has a weird fetish about preserving history. Ignoring the fact that it is a wall, preserving stuff has left this country with some of the worst infrastructure of any developed country in the world. It's all antiquated, decaying and borderline unfit for purpose.

"Ready to raise capital".

"Set to be financed..."

Yes, folks, it's THAT definitive.

Glad you’ve regained control of your account Dave. It wasn’t right seeing hopeful, optimistic stuff from that username.

For what it’s worth, I agree. The timing of that announcement is very convenient to pour cold water over accusations of us getting council handouts.

Still think we’ll be fine for finance though.

Britain has a weird fetish about preserving history. Ignoring the fact that it is a wall, preserving stuff has left this country with some of the worst infrastructure of any developed country in the world. It's all antiquated, decaying and borderline unfit for purpose.
It's a shame we preserved anfield.....fits exactly what you are describing....

Glad you’ve regained control of your account Dave. It wasn’t right seeing hopeful, optimistic stuff from that username.

For what it’s worth, I agree. The timing of that announcement is very convenient to pour cold water over accusations of us getting council handouts.

When it’s built, he’ll moan endlessly about how crap it is and blame every home defeat on it.

That's all I was saying. That the story was highly suspect given the loan proposal from the Combined Liverpool City Region Authorities.

I'm of the belief the stadium will be built, but this is Everton - and after 4 failed attempts only a fool would hand that lot their complete confidence.

That's all I was saying. That the story was highly suspect given the loan proposal from the Combined Liverpool City Region Authorities.

I'm of the belief the stadium will be built, but this is Everton - and after 4 failed attempts only a fool would hand that lot their complete confidence.
Whilst I agree total confidence may be difficult this is the furthest we have got with a new stadium build. So I am about as confident as I can be.

As for funding I have always been of the opinion the plan has already been there. I highly doubt Moshiri would pay the enabling works out of his own pocket if there wasn't a plan

Whilst I agree total confidence may be difficult this is the furthest we have got with a new stadium build. So I am about as confident as I can be.

As for funding I have always been of the opinion the plan has already been there. I highly doubt Moshiri would pay the enabling works out of his own pocket if there wasn't a plan
This really if a plan wasn’t in place. And they wasn’t confident. He would effectively be wasting 150 million of his own money or what ever it is for the enabling work.

Give us back our sand !

Sounds like real progress this.

Part of me just expects us to make an utter balls of it at some point though.