2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't actually that bad today. I mean another day Cash has a swing with his left and misses, Digne clears it and Begovic saves the shot at his chest and it is 0-0. Or Gray finds the corner before all that and it is 1-0 and it all changes. We played similarly to the other games but it shows why we've got to be slightly better in key areas. Gray impressed me again but Townsend, Doucoure and to some extent Iwobi were all poor at making decisions in key areas. That's what holds us back a lot right now. We're actually in good areas a lot and need to start creating presentable chances more regularly.

Maybe a hot take but I'm not too worried about us defensively. We're still not being opened up that much. I have no idea what happened on the Bailey goal but the Cash one is one of the few times we've been played through all year. It was unrealistic to think it would never happen. Hopefully when Pickford is back we get a save or two when it goes wrong.

Get beat Tuesday it’s an absolute nightmare for everyone. The fans will be fuming. Them bottlers won’t be able to cope with back to back defeats. For the mentality of them players, we need to not lose consecutive matches as much as we can.

I understand your sentiment but if Martinez didn’t spend all that money years ago, we wouldn’t be in this position now.
I think you are getting your managers mixed up there... (I know why...)

Well, it's not only that. It's also (lack of) attitude & concentration. A well-drilled defence shouldn't get destroyed like that for eight minutes...
I don’t think Godfrey is well drill at right back. We couldn’t play our usual pressing game cos rondon couldn’t be bother

Brands fail to sign Bailey.

that’s just a few reasons we lost.

We weren't actually that bad today. I mean another day Cash has a swing with his left and misses, Digne clears it and Begovic saves the shot at his chest and it is 0-0. Or Gray finds the corner before all that and it is 1-0 and it all changes. We played similarly to the other games but it shows why we've got to be slightly better in key areas. Gray impressed me again but Townsend, Doucoure and to some extent Iwobi were all poor at making decisions in key areas. That's what holds us back a lot right now. We're actually in good areas a lot and need to start creating presentable chances more regularly.

Maybe a hot take but I'm not too worried about us defensively. We're still not being opened up that much. I have no idea what happened on the Bailey goal but the Cash one is one of the few times we've been played through all year. It was unrealistic to think it would never happen. Hopefully when Pickford is back we get a save or two when it goes wrong.
The second half was relegation level

Who or what will he blame for this ?
Man got history doing this.

Injuries ?
Its 5 games into a season in September not bloody Xmas.
He had over 2 months to sort his squad out yet we had 8 players in the bench.
Totally unacceptable.

This season is going to be long & hard.
He will blame everyone and anyone as long as the criticism doesn't fall onto him

They're not good enough. Id say benitez can drill a defence as good as any. But you can drill all week long on the training ground with some of these and they'll still concede.
I go into virtualy every single game thinking we wont keep a clean sheet.
Its not the manager. Its the personel.
We need to go buy better defenders.
Fully agree, although I dare hope they will become better at it when the season wears on.

Status
Not open for further replies.