2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can ping his hamstring tomorrow in training mate. I get what you are saying and some players need managing but if there was a player needed in midfield tonight it was Doucoure. Digne was probably the one who needed the rest as he's had international games, hes our only left back and playing Godfrey at full back would have been understandable.

I agree though, we have periods of quality but generally its all running and no real control of possession.

Was just a soft decision from Benitez tonight. I dont think hes a stupid man, so surprised as his aim should be getting results and getting the fans onside for the long-term.

I suppose my issue comes in that I don't think Doucoure starting tonight gives us any real more control. It hasn't in any other games. He doesn't control games at all. Keane for me would have dealt with QPR's crosses a lot better, and given QPR have played with wing-backs all season, with one fast striker and one target man (I looked this up last night btw, it took 10 minutes), it would have seemed sensible not to have our two weakest aerial CBs on the pitch at the same time.

Damn that Benitez if only he played DCL, Richarlison to get us goals

Mina who's always injured 3 times in 7 days

Coleman our only decent RB

Pickford to save those pens

Oh wait.
Gray Doucoure Allan Keane Mina all could have played. If players need a rest after 5 matches then I give up

The manager got it wrong. The loss is on him. He is simply not the right man to manage Everton.

I suppose my issue comes in that I don't think Doucoure starting tonight gives us any real more control. It hasn't in any other games. He doesn't control games at all. Keane for me would have dealt with QPR's crosses a lot better, and given QPR have played with wing-backs all season, with one fast striker and one target man (I looked this up last night btw, it took 10 minutes), it would have seemed sensible not to have our two weakest aerial CBs on the pitch at the same time.
Doucoure would have bossed that tonight. Should have been on in the first half to get a grip

Potter by Xmas..
20210921223358.jpg

That would be magnificent

Damn that Benitez if only he played DCL & Richarlison to have scored us goals

Mina who's always injured to play 3 times in 7 days

Allan who came off injured 3 days ago

Coleman our only decent RB

Pickford to save those pens

Oh wait.

i mean he plays either keane or mina, charlie austin doesnt score two headed goals, really dislike keane but he atleast knows how to head the ball away.

would have started allan OR doucoure, you can;t not play either when you are left with gomes and davies who genuinely cannot run

leaving rondon on for so long and putting iwobi upfront when we was dominating was arguably the worst mistake out of them all

Well I actually think Davies passes sometimes for a Premier League player, a very, very average 1, but I dont think hes a million miles out his depth unlike the other 2.

The pen miss from Davies obviously decides it but Kenny and Gordon are just not up for it. It's the physicality, they just don't have it. And unless you're blessed with immense talent (like Foden or unfortunately TAA is) you can't just be a wiry youth player in the PL.

Davies has loads of faults but he can help us have some control in matches if played further back in midfield and just told to do one job. He did it in the second half and we had that control. But again, a lack of quality up top, some real cutting edge, is missing. And that's not just the injuries.

I've no issue with the manager - I just think he has bitten off more than he thought he had. Come next summer, Richarlison and DCL will probably be off or want out. Now, I don't think either is anything special, but Benitez had better spend that money well because if Brands spends it we are utterly goosed. I think Norwich will get something on Saturday. I just don't rate our squad at full strength, let alone decimated.
Norwich have done nothing all season. They wont be allowed to on Saturday.

If we're top 4/5/6 after 6 games and weathering an injury crisis how does anyone start reaching for the bleach?

Yes, a squad needs to be stronger than Everton's to get up into top 6/7/8 at the season's end but you overestimate this league if you think we cant stay top half this season.

Three points on Saturday with players to come back in the coming weeks and tonight is an irrelevency.

Status
Not open for further replies.