2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey was poor. He's also very clearly unfit and struggling after COVID. As in he looks weak and knackered and slow. We can all say his positioning wasn't great last year (it isn't great), but physically he more than made for it on a lot of occasions. Now he hasn't got that physicality. I appreciate he has to get match fit but he has now played 3 games in 8 days, and had to deal with being completely bullied by Austin tonight. It was a mad decision from the manager.
You’re right he doesn’t look fit. Even in a bad game or as you say poor positioning his athleticism makes up for it. Just doesn’t look sharp or ‘on it’

by all accounts he had COVID when they were all isolating so maybe it’ll take a bit of time.

I'm not going to change my mind and I won't be taking lectures.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I cant warm to the manager and I will never defend a manager who is complacent and loses to a lower league side.

Rotation is not necessary when you are desperate for a trophy. If people think the manager picked the right team tonight then fine, but i don't, and I'm not going to think differently tomorrow. It was arrogant and backfired. Completely unless and avoidable.
Remember how Carlo lost with a fully fit squad against those Liverpool teenagers in the FA cup?

These things happen. Certainly when a new manager is still learning...

He gambled and lost.

13 points from a possible 18 on Saturday night and we are in the comfort zone.

We all know it.
You don't win games on paper Dave unfortunately we have to go out the pitch and do it and with the dross available that is no forgone conclusion.
Benitez is not to blame for the playing staff but he knew what he was getting himself into and Saturday is massive for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.