2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
One word...confidence...
I think "mentality" is more accurate. For whatever reason, he lacks mental strength and conviction. I'm not going to psycho-analyse him, but he was a nervous wreck at Barcelona and I see no evidence that he has overcome those issues.

He lacks the required grey matter at the highest level. Tonight, as our senior pro, he has provided zero leadership. He has to be moved on or out. He just does not have what it takes.

I think "mentality" is more accurate. For whatever reason, he lacks mental strength and conviction. I'm not going to psycho-analyse him, but he was a nervous wreck at Barcelona and I see no evidence that he has overcome those issues.

He lacks the required grey matter at the highest level. Tonight, as our senior pro, he has provided zero leadership. He has to be moved on or out. He just does not have what it takes.
Let's wait the full 90 minutes...he has done OK first half with the exception of his shooting...for sure we are all expect so much more from him but hopefully he will improve tonight and throughout the season.

Let's wait the full 90 minutes...he has done OK first half with the exception of his shooting...for sure we are all expect so much more from him but hopefully he will improve tonight and throughout the season.
The full 90 minutes? We've been waiting three full years now, mate. He might surprise us and pop up with a goal or assist in the second half, but that first half simply confirms what we already know deep down: the lad is not up to it. We have too many players on the pitch tonight who we know are tried and tested failures: Gomes, Davies, Kenny, Holgate, Iwobi... The cancer needs to be excised.

This is exactly why we win jackshit he’s been with us for about 3/4 years and done nothing and next season we will still be saying oh let’s wait he might come good he not good enough simple as that.Get rid ASAP he is on crazy money ( our own fault )that his performances don’t deserve.And I get the lad had a shocking injury that he’s done great to comeback from but he just doesn’t influence games .BTW I did want us to sign him when he was on loan to us but it’s not worked has it

Can't point the finger at him solely, but glaringly obvious that he needs Doucoure and Allan in midfield to be a decent player.

If you need good players around you, to make you look good, then it says enough about your ability.

Another classic Everton waste of money. £24m. Learn our lesson and stop punting on cast offs, and sign players with actual potential and hunger.

Never ever start him. He only can be effective for 15 or 20 minute periods.

People talk about the squad lacking quality, but what good is quality when you can't compete in English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.