2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine had Brands done his job and got Diaz & Maitland-Niles tied up in the window.

Diaz in that side over Iwobi and Maitland-Niles at RB last night over Kenny and we likely win that game even with a gluttony of injuries.
Porto arsed about wanting £68m and not James, Arsenal wouldn’t let Maitland-Niles go

Yes but you didn't back the previous manager. So you are in no position to dictate to others. Which is why I got grumpy last night and told you (probably more than once) that I won't be taking a lecture lol

We all want the club to win, but losing under this manager is hard to stomach. He showed last night he doesn't understand the expectations and demands of the supporters. Resting players for a game against Norwich at home is beyond parody.

As shown by the poll, the number who think it's ok to rotate is 3 times less than those who don't think it's ok. You are very much in the minority on this one.
Are you suggesting the management should be dictatedd o by the supporters

posssibly thinking in terms of current injury situation and not wanting to risk too many first teamers in that respect a decision probably justified by the injury Digne picked up in the game ...supporters calling out the manager for possibly prioritising premiershipgames over what most of them have labelled a "mickey mouse cup" over the years astonish me
We haven't won a button since 1995. If anyone is still dismissing the league cup as "mickey mouse" at this point then they're an idiot.

Oh the relegation battle rubbish. Of course we aren't going down. We are heading for nothing other than midtable irrelevance.

We are resting players to come 10th or 11th. It's just utter stupidity.
That's his remit, keep us up.
We've invested everything into BMD so to have our opening game there as part of the Championship is untenable.
It's funny how in the space of eight days we went from euphoria to suicidal. Its plain to see we will rise to the occasion when we can field a strong team and struggle most of the time. So the stus quo is the only option until our finances get sorted.
And on the subject of or next game didn't Norwich do us at home last time they were in the Prem getting relegated?

That's his remit, keep us up.
We've invested everything into BMD so to have our opening game there as part of the Championship is untenable.
It's funny how in the space of eight days we went from euphoria to suicidal. Its plain to see we will rise to the occasion when we can field a strong team and struggle most of the time. So the stus quo is the only option until our finances get sorted.
And on the subject of or next game didn't Norwich do us at home last time they were in the Prem getting relegated?

Yes 2 nil about a month before Silva got sacked. And they deserved it too.

Yes but you didn't back the previous manager. So you are in no position to dictate to others. Which is why I got grumpy last night and told you (probably more than once) that I won't be taking a lecture lol

We all want the club to win, but losing under this manager is hard to stomach. He showed last night he doesn't understand the expectations and demands of the supporters. Resting players for a game against Norwich at home is beyond parody.

As shown by the poll, the number who think it's ok to rotate is 3 times less than those who don't think it's ok. You are very much in the minority on this one.

I did back the manager mate I said on frequent occasions last year that whilst he frustrated me with his constant weekly tinkering & awful defensive football that he got next season as he needed backing this summer window. The difference is also Carlo was here 18 months and we saw zero progression or any plan/system on the pitch whereas Benitez has been here 5 minutes.

I've said many times if Benitez suddenly has us playing like we were after Xmas last year with no good reason then I'll criticise him too.

I do however prefer Benitez's style of management than the likes of Carlo who is too docile for a squad like ours same as what Silva was.

This squad needs a regular kick up the arse and he gives that - you always see him barking on the touchline, beating a team 3-1 and still going on the pitch at full time to tell the players what they need to improve.

That's what will get us fighting for europe so the fans need to appreciate that and give some bloody time to do what needs to be done instead of craving the next flavour of the month Portuguese import or Potter or whomever thinking they'll have the likes of Gomes and Davies playing like Xavi and Iniesta.

I did back the manager mate I said on frequent occasions last year that whilst he frustrated me with his constant weekly tinkering & awful defensive football that he got next season as he needed backing this summer window.

I've said many times if Benitez suddenly has us playing like we were after Xmas last year with no good reason then I'll criticise him too.

I do however prefer Benitez's style of management than the likes of Carlo who is too docile for a squad like ours same as what Silva.

This squad needs a regular kick up the arse and he gives that - you always see him barking on the touchline, beating s team 3-1 and still going on the oitch at full time to tell the players what they need to improve that.

That's what will get us fighting for europe so the fans need to appreciate that and give some bloody time to do what needs to be done instead of craving the next flavour of the month Portuguese import or Potter or whomever thinking they'll have the likes of Gomes and Davies playing like Xavi and Iniesta.
No, this squad needs overhauled. Shouting and screaming doesn't make poor players turn into good ones.

Why did we need to see kenny, Holgate, Davies, Gomes etc last night. Why are they still being used? The manager needs to explain his decisions because they cost us the match and were illogical.

To an extent yes. The supporters want to see the team progress in cups and are desperate for a trophy.

Any manager who disrespects cups is going against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of fans, and therefore in my opinion is failing in their remit.
So when and where do you suggest the supporters should meet together to decide the starting line up against Norwich this if course following the meetings with the medical staff to assess the current injury situation

You can't seperate the two though mate. Wanting Everton to succeed means backing the manager which is all myself and others have been doing from the start.

I do think given time and resources he'll have us in a much better place than any manager since Moyes but as we know recruitment is key and a manager is as only good as the squad he has to work with look at Ole at Utd bang average Cardiff manager bailed out by Ronaldo and Fernandes every weekend.
What does “back the manager” even mean?

I certainly want him to succeed, but you’ll probably never catch me singing his name.

I did back the manager mate I said on frequent occasions last year that whilst he frustrated me with his constant weekly tinkering & awful defensive football that he got next season as he needed backing this summer window. The difference is also Carlo was here 18 months and we saw zero progression or any plan/system on the pitch whereas Benitez has been here 5 minutes.
We all backed the manager last year. We all know what he can do IF he would simply care.

So when and where do you suggest the supporters should meet together to decide the starting line up against Norwich this if course following the meetings with the medical staff to assess the current injury situation

I didn't suggest play injured players. Let's not be smart. If that's you're only argument against me then I think you are clutching at straws in defence of a manager who couldn't beat lower league opponents.

I wanted to best available team and we did not get that.

Do you think the manager showed respect to the 3000 who travelled down there on a Tuesday night? I think he disrespected them and the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.