2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree one hundred percent,just don't see how it benefits the team.

I think its about the timing and when things are right, the team should be supported through thick and thin - its evident form last season its needed at home.

There has the be a fine balance though from just not accepting what we are given. Tried to get extra tickets for the weekend, sold out, 3000 in London on a Tuesday night, the club right now doesn't deserve that level of support.... the team does, the club doesn't, they need to be accountable for decisions and not delivering. I think we both agree this is a problem.

Oh what a few days I’ve missed.

Amazing catching up with the reads. So to summarise, Big Bad Frey Bentos is:
  • A tactical genius outwitted by QPR, but it’s not his fault because injuries n’that
  • Expected to get a draw against Norwich and that will be considered a great result
  • Expected to deliver a 14th place finish and that will be considered a success
  • Brought Alex Iwobi to world class status last week
Excuse.com is in full swing
No, no, no...Pickford, Coleman, and the entire attack were available to Benitez and he's just making up stories about their injuries.

We got beat by a decent Championship club away from home on pens...in an injury crisis for the club that's stripped us of almost all our goal scoring threat.

I want Benitez out, and I want him out RIGHT NOW.

Am not sure its quite at the point Dave, but lets be honest the man was always going to be quicker to be turned on then anyone.

For me its the management of the club in general, 1 recognised left back (who got an injury), no solution to the right side, and another raft of manager specific signings rather then anything for the club in general.

this is what we should be showing our displeasure about.

on this weeks episode of Excuses: injuries and how no other team as them.

I like the way you’ve included Pickford in there considering the years you spent championing Bergovic as his replacement.
No excuses from me. We're out. It's a shame. But we are 6th in the table and stand a good chance of going 5th this weekend. And that right now is good enough for me and the vast majority of Evertonians I would say, no matter what the disappointment of another route to silverware being shut down early last night.

Our fans used to largely be level headed - the club has been mismanaged for decades and its going to take time not only to fix the mistakes of the Kenwright era (hello BMD) but also the mess Koeman/Walsh created and Brands has since added to.

Sack Benitez and go appoint Eddie Howe or Alladyce or whomever is stupid enough to take this job on as give it a month or two and you'll all be demanding the next fella be punted when he doesn't have Iwobi and Davies playing like CL level players.

The jobs now a poisoned chalice because no one measures up to "Carlo Fantastico" the blokes gone so get over it and give the new fella more than bloody 5 or so games and £1.5m budget to try sort this club out.
It's nothing to do with measuring up to Ancelotti, that's a bit ridiculous tbh as Carlo has been a bit past it for a while now and I certainly never wanted him, and for the record I did'nt want Potter either. I will always support my club and I will always support the players but that does'nt mean I have to like the manager though. I can appreciate what he is doing, he seems to have a bit of a plan and the players certainly seem a bit fitter and it's good to see after a succession of managers who have just basically tried to blag it, but none of that is going to make me like him as he is just not a likable individual.

No excuses from me. We're out. It's a shame. But we are 6th in the table and stand a good chance of going 5th this weekend. And that right now is good enough for me and the vast majority of Evertonians I would say, no matter what the disappointment of another route to silverware being shut down early last night.
We’re 5 games in Dave; I mean, if we were at 19 games I’d acknowledge your point and say fair enough.

By the way, stop getting Everton to score twice in every game this season bar one Benitez, you negative Kopite get.

Norwich must be fancying their chances coming into this mess.

What do you have to excuse Benitez for right now? "How dare you take us to 6th in the table!!".
Huh?

I wont be making excuses for him.

Nor, you might have noticed, will I be giving him abuse over last night, unlike a lot of others.

I will judge the fella in May, like any sane person should, if he finishes 14th, I want him sacked as a matter of urgency, thankfully Moshiri sacks people for finishing 12th, like that other clown from Spain we had. Im expecting him to at least match what Carlo did with lesser players, which was to stay in the hunt for top 4 for 90% of the season. If he does that well he can get another season, if not im sure some team in Qatar will bump up his pension for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.