2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are different times at Everton: big spending Everton gets a manager sacked if they fail to get above 14th, this more prudent Everton doesn't.

That's the new reality.

You know in your heart of hearts that Benitez has this season as a gimme as long as he doesn't have us in a relegation fight...which is highly unlikely.
I mean no, I dont, I expect from him the same as I expect from every manager.

He has the 4th highest wage bill in the league and a squad that cost 550m to build, so just escaping relegation wont wash it for me.

This myth that his spending should give him a pass is bolloxs im afraid.

Ancelotti was given no money compared to the managers, bar Moyes, that came before him, yet people expected him to compete, why on Earth are we giving free passes to highly paid managers with a squad built with massive money.

Not on my watch.

The fans chased Alladyce out and we got Silva who made us even worse

They'll try do it again with Benitez just wait until Howe gets his hands on this squad hello Championship.
I'd chase that fat jackal out again. Going for Silva at least was done in hope of improving the performance even if it failed.

Anyway. Benitez. Let's see how he goes on. As much as I am not in his fan club, he needs time to right the ship otherwise we just kick the transition season can down the road. Hopefully he turns it round against Norwich.

His initial tweet said it's Brands who needs to take the blame for Everton being crap (fair enough)

He hasn't even had the decency to reply to my response to his uppity tweet, even though at no point did I even suggest Benitez was to blame.

Had Brands not wasted so much dough we could have right now the likes of Diaz, Dumfries, another good CM in the squad this season.

The fans chased Alladyce out and we got Silva who made us even worse

They'll try do it again with Benitez just wait until Howe gets his hands on this squad hello Championship.
You can be safe ITK that Howe is sitting tight waiting for the Southampton job. Also there is a whole footballing world out there, good managers do exist outside of the PL and people need to remember this, most of the managers who have done well in recent years came into their clubs without PL experience.

Just 1 game v southampton
Just 2 games
Just 3 games
Just 4 games
Only just 5 games in, calm down.

Wait what we lost a game?????

Saaaaaaaaaaaack

You can be safe ITK that Howe is sitting tight waiting for the Southampton job. Also there is a whole footballing world out there, good managers do exist outside of the PL and people need to remember this, most of the managers who have done well in recent years came into their clubs without PL experience.

But the board wont risk an outside appointment so I would knock the dream of chasing Benitez out and bringing in some star manager from Bosnia on the head mate.

People need to deal with reality not fantasy. Benitez is the best we can get or would look at so give him a chance otherwise you reap what you sow.

Had Brands not wasted so much dough we could have right now the likes of Diaz, Dumfries, another good CM in the squad this season.
But tbf Brands' team supposedly lined those deals up. In Diaz's case, certainly with Benitez's blessing.

Brands did have Dumfries lined up but we couldn't get the money. And, according to Joyce, Hughes, Athletic et al - Benitez wasn't convinced on Dumfries anyway.

Our CM would have been Longstaff had we shifted Delph, Gomes or Davies mate. Make no mistake.

Every player starting on Saturday apart from Allan were on the pitch last night.

He threw the kitchen sink at it and we got done on pens.

It's that simple.
Mina? Also my point was about the changes he made in the centre of the team,which did weaken that team.
To throw the kitchen sink would mean he put our best available team out.he didn’t.
Its that simple.

We’ve been wasting money since our shambolic owner arrived and the cumulative effect of this is we’ve reached the limit of our allowance.
Fantastic accountant but a disastrous football club owner.

But tbf Brands' team supposedly lined those deals up. In Diaz's case, certainly with Benitez's blessing.

Brands did have Dumfries lined up but we couldn't get the money. And, according to Joyce, Hughes, Athletic et al - Benitez wasn't convinced on Dumfries anyway.

Our CM would have been Longstaff had we shifted Delph, Gomes or Davies mate. Make no mistake.

So conjecture pal! lol

You dont like Benitez we get it mate but stop pretending like if Benitez had £100 million to spend he would have spent it all on Longstaff and Yedlin its obtuse.

just in the interests of clarity I’d like to clear up that it’s possible not to think the manager excelled last night , not to be delighted by being knocked out by QPR, not to think finishing 14th would be a huge achievement and even to think he’s a less than popular choice in the role and still not to be actively campaigning for him to be dismissed Before 3pm Saturday in fact to want him and his side to beat Norwich .

Every player starting on Saturday apart from Allan were on the pitch last night.

He threw the kitchen sink at it and we got done on pens.

It's that simple.
Agreed. Considering what was available I wouldn't call it wholesale changes and like it or not our players can't play every game and their minutes have to be managed.

So conjecture pal! lol

You dont like Benitez we get it mate but stop pretending like if Benitez had £100 million to spend he would have spent it all on Longstaff and Yedlin its obtuse.
Oh ffs mate

How many times do I have to tell you - these journalists have info. The Athletic get all of their stuff from the club or agents. Joyce, Hughes have not had info on us for some time but have definitely come back into the fold this summer.

You can't shrug it off as conjecture yet you believe every word they then write about James being on £250k a week?

I'm indifferent to Benitez.

Obviously if we had £100m to spend on players he wouldn't do that, but that wasn't what I was suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.