2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said you did mate - my point is that we have to be careful posting on social media as many fans read stories and run away with it as gospel truth.

So if you say "there's thousands of managers out there" young Billy reading GOT believes if we sack Benitez Mosh will be on the blower to Conte or Ten Hag and he tells his mates to start booing out the manager at the ground.

We know Moshiri wont bring in a manager from overseas it'll be a PL based one likely on a free which is my point - fans have to know that reality before they start deciding to turn on the manager.
I don't think anyone thinks that tbh, Most people with a brain can see that Moshiri is here for a property deal and nothing else, the moment that stadium is up and running (with no serious issues) he will be off within 6 months imo.

You’re going on mute/ignore ?
Thanks, mate. I understand that the line "This included breaking the pit voodoo and taking four points off the mutants - helping to end any hopes the absolute horrors had for the league LOL I'm sure you loved that as much as us :dance:" must have been hard to read.

I hope your questions were answered fully but please try not to get sidetracked. Remember, this is the GOT forum and the Benitez thread. ?

Finished 10th last season under one the best managers in the world.

Ben's added 1.5 million to that and lost James.

20th in spending. Team in 19th has out spent us a dozen times over.

Living in la la land expecting a top ten finish.

Not even factoring in losing our two strikers and our number 1 betwen the sticks.

Close thread until the next game.

Oh right, im quite surprised that the 2 richest clubs in world football failed to make a bid then....................................
They asked 80m...
I think he would be a starter & he would come good. He's strong enough.

The consequence, IMO, is he's lost more goodwill than he'll perhaps appreciate. Certainly with me.

Often his PR team have banged the drum he will 'get' the club because of his connections to the city. Evidently, that wasn't on show when taking the piss with his selection against Huddersfield and more so QPR.

This club needs a trophy. Benitez needs points. They shouldn't be exclusive but it was shown to be last night. He's decided to knock the league cup on the head. No Everton manager should be allowed to do that. Approaching 27 bloody years.

I've been muted with my opinion on him. I wasn't totally against Benitez, I tried to take a pragmatic view - Ancelotti left is in the lurch and who else and I didn't want to add to the pile on...

But now, after last night...

Let him take the flak in a season the club have wrote off. When we've got the capacity to spend, we should give it to a manager who the whole fanbase can unite behind. Whether we like it our not, a decent proportion of good blues will just never get behind him. It was the same at Chelsea, he done alright there but a Chelsea fan on here was saying their fanbase was always at each other while he was in charge.

Any manager we have - in Moshiri's own words in 2019;

"Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"

... But with Benitez, he's a few games from it turning very nasty.

Even when we're winning, there's an air of discontent. Fans are waiting to stick the knife in, others are waiting to start on other fans win, lose or draw.

The fella should be binned the minute it's right for Everton. Not when it becomes desperate.

He's by far the most divisive manager we've ever, ever discussed on GOT.

Our fans used to largely be level headed - the club has been mismanaged for decades and its going to take time not only to fix the mistakes of the Kenwright era (hello BMD) but also the mess Koeman/Walsh created and Brands has since added to.

Sack Benitez and go appoint Eddie Howe or Alladyce or whomever is stupid enough to take this job on as give it a month or two and you'll all be demanding the next fella be punted when he doesn't have Iwobi and Davies playing like CL level players.

The jobs now a poisoned chalice because no one measures up to "Carlo Fantastico" the blokes gone so get over it and give the new fella more than bloody 5 or so games and £1.5m budget to try sort this club out.
After seeing the team selection and watching the game last night, I think we can all get behind this, mate. ?

1632309277779.png

Status
Not open for further replies.