2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've kind of proven my point mate. He has to pick a team. It's not his fault half of them are rubbish.

Agreed though, looking at that again is horrible!

Issue is mate, Gray, Doucoure and Allan all on the bench.

We're already missing Richarlison, Coleman, Pickford and Calvert-Lewin.

Like with Huddersfield, he took the piss with his selection.

He did the same with Liverpool in the league cup but they hadn't gone 27 years without a trophy and had Europe etc.

It's not about an agenda here, it's calling a spade a spade.

Some real venom in here for the manager. The team looks more hungry and more fit than under Carlo. Carlo would have ran out a similar team and people would be saying "it's all he could do, squad issues weren't addressed, etc." Would have felt disappointed to be out and then argued how with an under powered squad it would be better to focus on the league anyways.

A lot on here don't like Benitez because he said some words that hurt feelings. Grow up, people change and he's here now. I wasn't overly thrilled with the appointment but he's a safe pair of hands and a manager who wont let these players just skate by like they've been doing for years.

Should have won with the players he put out there but its clear many were not up to the standard needed. Oh well, move on to Norwich and get back on track

“On a computer, he has, I think about 3,000 players’ details. You name a player he knows everything about him – injuries, history and he just wouldn’t stop."

That computer cearly doesn't have any Everton player details because how tf is Jonjoe Kenny, Tom Davies, Andre Gomes, Mason Holgate and Alex Iwobi still starting for this club!?
I agree with what you rae saying was just pointing out. Stats are one thing but seeing the them train and play is another.

I dont understand how 4 of them are still here. By the account of the Athletic davies was offered out but chose to stay rather than go. Holgate, Kenny and Gomes all crap and offer nothing. Iwobi at least has done something a bit more useful this season but again, proven hes massively inconsistent

So the solution to winning a load of trophies is to sack managers if they lose a game 3 months into their tenure.

Sweet.
Hi Mate, it was at this point (kopite red arrow belwo)

1632311604911.png

That your opinion was this

1632311672645.png

This was sweet wasn't it? ?

Absolutely I would not. I have never ever done that once in my life.

Players can get injured in any match or any training session.

The only agendas are from those defending an overrated manager who just lost to a lower league side. And weirdly enough lots of those shouting at us all to back the manager refused to back the manager last year. I won't be taking lectures on people claiming agendas whenever they are defending an unacceptable defeat.
Thing is obviously I'm totally behind the manager because he is the right man for the job, however last night i do think he made an error, you can acknowledge both, I can understand him not playing Allan and Mina and the injuries before the game did give us a major headache, we should of won, he should of started Keane not Holgate, he did make a mistakes and the players did let us down too,.
But so what, no manager is going to get every game spot on, it takes nothing away from the good start he has had to the season and the clear signs we are going the right way with him in charge.
Personally Id of gone all out for last night and not worried about Norwich, but the terrible options last night are more on the mis management of player recruitment under previous managers and Brands.

Issue is mate, Gray, Doucoure and Allan all on the bench.

We're already missing Richarlison, Coleman, Pickford and Calvert-Lewin.

Like with Huddersfield, he took the piss with his selection.

He did the same with Liverpool in the league cup but they hadn't gone 27 years without a trophy and had Europe etc.

It's not about an agenda here, it's calling a spade a spade.
Players need a rest, every single manager in the tournament rests players.

How am I defending a defeat? The agenda is being driven by two bob fans who can't wait to throw digs at benitez instead of looking at reality and accepting the job he has to do. He's won more silverware in the last 20 years than our whole club. "over-rated" what chance has he got with 'fans' like that? can you see my point?

You said he took the game seriously. I look at the team he picked and don't understand how. He rested both starting centre halves and both starting midfielders, and our only fit quality attacker.

I don't rate the manager. Do you want me to lie and tell you that I do. My opinion on him will have zero effect in how long he gets at the club, so no need to be so dramatic is there.

It's a completely unacceptable and avoidable loss. 26 years is far too long. I was less than 2 years old when we won the only trophy of my lifetime, and you expect me to be ok with a manager not taking a cup competition seriously? I can't have the excuses and the losing mentality of this debate.

What an indictment on Brands btw

But anyone who thinks the manager was taking the game seriously with that selection is either on a wind up or seriously misunderstands football.
It was the Carabao Cup ffs. Of course he wasn't taking it seriously. We have plenty of key players out already for more important games coming up, why risk more only to lose to City in the next round?

This is a terrible competition that needs binning urgently, please don't lose any more sleep over it.

Yes I watched all of them. We setup with a solid defensive unit with the clear plan of getting a goal and defending as a unit. It worked very well away from home. It’s called a game plan
So you can honestly say you were comfortable watching? All it takes is some of those 1-0 wins to be 1-1s and 0-1s. Be honest can you see us getting a win at the pit or any result at United etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.